PDA

View Full Version : Warp Tool

xsitar
03-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Anybody know if the warp tool is really that crippled and for basics or if you can actually customize and divide rows & columns for real professional use?

The standard division is just too general to be really useful in most of my cases and i need to divide it specifically in portions as possible in ae.

Also i'm a bit bummed that every time you warp something it gets so blurry. I know it has to interpolate but i never get such blurry results in ae.

3dj
03-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I looked into this sometime ago, as I really needed more segments. From what I found, or didn't find, it is locked and can't be divided any further.

-Jim

Calegolas
03-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Unfortunately it canīt be divided any further. But for purposes like warping the liquify tool does a much better job. try it

3dj
03-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Unfortunately it canīt be divided any further. But for purposes like warping the liquify tool does a much better job. try it
True, but I find it really softens an image, a lot, but there are times I could get by with it.

-Jim

suztv
03-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I haven't found any "unlock" feature that will let you create more subdivisions. Liquify is the only alternative. I like using the warp tool on smart-objects for non-dextructive editing. If you really really need it - try downloading the trial version of AfterEffects and using the Bezier Warp tool there - you can create as many columns and rows as you need and the transformation is non-destructive. Other than that - I really don't know. If you have a vector object, maybe give Illustrator a go?

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2008, 08:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.