PDA

View Full Version : Noob help with rig and eyes in Maya 2008

JasonRyan
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi all

Ive got a character model that Ive created in Maya 2008
Ive created the body mesh and linked a skeleton to it and painted the weights on the skin
http://www.bluestardesign.com/images/a1gen/head.jpg
I didnt merge the top eye lids or the eyes into the head mesh as I wanted to have them rotate independently of the body mesh, Im a novice and I didnt think that linking the eyes and eyelids to the mesh was the correct way to rig the eyes and lids to the head
Ive tried parenting the eyes and lids to the mesh body so that I can move the character and retain the eyes in the same position within the head as they are now
However when ive done this and try moving the character via the skeleton the eyes and lids dont move with the body ?
Whats the correct way to link rotating eyes and eyelids to a character in Maya ? can anyone tell me please ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as my University hand in dead line is fast approaching and Im up against it and getting more and more frustrated !

meljunky
03-07-2008, 12:08 AM
When you move the skeleton, the skinCluster is pulling on the verts/cvs away from the pivot point. When you had the eyes and lids parent to the skin it remain motionless because of this.

You need to parent the eyes/lids to the head joint or head control to make it follow the bind skin correctly.

-brian
www.meljunky.com

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2008, 12:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.