PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini Murciélago, Thirdeye (3D)

ThirdEye
05-05-2003, 05:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/6369/thirdeye_final_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/6369/thirdeye_final.jpg)

Since everybody and his uncle are making wonderful cars these days i decided to make one too, i hope you like it. The modeling took me a week, the rest... One month and maybe even more. This car appears in a Maxon commercial for the UK market (a 2sided leaflet)

final composition:
http://www.cgtalk.com/tmp/thirdeye_final.jpg

wireframe:
http://www.cgtalk.com/tmp/thirdeye_wire.jpg

I hope the car doesn't cause here the same battle it caused in the renderosity.com forum lol :p

Ps: on a side note about the wireframe: wide use of C4D hypernurbs points/edges/faces weighting

WIP thread here, if you wanna see other colours pics too
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=565186#post565186

StefanB
05-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Wow, looks really nice. This is another example for the power of cinema4d.

Stefan

flingster
05-05-2003, 05:55 PM
ThirdEye_01: i thought they told you to stop posting photos!! heh heh...
very very nice work...
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Supervlieg
05-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Very nice indeed:applause: :applause:

Cman
05-05-2003, 05:59 PM
Lambourghini! :bounce:

CGmonkey
05-05-2003, 06:00 PM
ThirdEye, how could you fall so deep and make a car... but heeey wait a minute.. that's actually a nice made car! woa.. Awesome job mate! ;)

d52477001
05-05-2003, 06:02 PM
wow

absolutely amazingly brilliant!!!

hmm ok maybe it's too much black on black but still...

WOW! :eek:

Peoples
05-05-2003, 06:03 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Damn you ThirdEye - Congrats - You've done it again. Very well done. Go C4D go!!

Baldasseroni
05-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Really awesome...as i already told you...all the views are breathtaking :))))

Five points for me
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ciao, Ale

LucentDreams
05-05-2003, 06:04 PM
Could we have an orange one for old times sake :( Love it very nice renders. Funny how modeling for you typically takes a few days or a week or so, and the materials takes you months :)

Good stuff.

JPGargoyle
05-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Great Stuff!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :applause: :thumbsup:

That's a pretty clean and tidy mesh you've got there. Congratulations!:buttrock:

Best regards.

dragonz
05-05-2003, 06:11 PM
Excellent...Great work. The power of c4d can be used :P

Khepri
05-05-2003, 06:14 PM
neat model, one thing though: the floor takes away the sence of scale. using a reflective floor allways does that......

nice car though!

cheers

qbx
05-05-2003, 06:32 PM
wow i thought i can wait with posting when i going to finish something but this is so coool
i have to post

:buttrock: :bounce: :drool:

awesome your head your car
=)

(kubi from irc)

demo38
05-05-2003, 06:34 PM
The reflections/shadows on the ground seems to give it away a bit...

But, Damn... That's pretty wicked!

Per-Anders
05-05-2003, 06:35 PM
great work, i agree post the red or the metallic too... they were just as lovely.

you've outdone yourself with this one, top job :thumbsup:

smoke
05-05-2003, 06:37 PM
:beer:
SWEET!!!!

squidinc
05-05-2003, 06:37 PM
nice one alberto :thumbsup: really enjoyed seeing this come together in the c4d forum, but could you do a silver one as well, I think the black is hiding some of the detail work, looking ace though:applause:

comanche
05-05-2003, 06:39 PM
Really great! Awesome!

:bounce:

- comanche -

SheepFactory
05-05-2003, 06:50 PM
turned out really good third , one suggestion though , please lose the c4d tag , or model it like a real tag ,

right now its too white and plain its the focal point of the picture , My eyes keep going to it and thats not a good thing. Otherwise kick ass model and render.

Maya Ayanami
05-05-2003, 06:58 PM
very nice. but it is too dark and i cant really see the detail. maybe it is just this monitor.

teh fury
05-05-2003, 07:00 PM
great job man.. lets see some other colors tho :)

JIII
05-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Nice one albert? ohh well i will jsut call you thirdeye. yeah lets see how the ornge one looks.

I see you messed around with the plate a bit.

anyway el sweet maybe another front page for c4d.

edit it already is front page woo hoo.

Peter C.
05-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Excellent work ThirdEye. One of the best cars made in C4D IMO :beer:

P.S That Renderosity thing was damn funny :thumbsup:

heipei
05-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Grrrreeeeaaat.

And again this shows us what: The Result doesnt depend on the software, but on the artist. You accomplished with C4D what many people will never achieve in much more expensive programs ;) I like that. Although i dont know version 8.x, but only 7.x, i suppose they didnt change thaaat much that you could compare c4d with the big players on the market (yet ;)

Keep on going!

ThirdEye
05-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by heipei
Grrrreeeeaaat.

And again this shows us what: The Result doesnt depend on the software, but on the artist. You accomplished with C4D what many people will never achieve in much more expensive programs ;) I like that. Although i dont know version 8.x, but only 7.x, i suppose they didnt change thaaat much that you could compare c4d with the big players on the market (yet ;)

Keep on going!

mmm check R8 and you'll have a surprise, it has been the biggest rewrite of C4D so far ;)

JIII
05-05-2003, 07:17 PM
dude why can't we compare C4D to the "big ones"

quite frankly the only thing that keeps C4D down is the lack of renderman support. thats about it.

and for your information C4D was used in episode 2 and for quite a visually impressive scene (can we say cloning areas), and for the quidditich match in harry potter, not to sure about this one but anyway it was used.

pit
05-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Great, great job! :applause: And the wire.....mmm...gorgeous! :love:

AdamT
05-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Very sweet model ThirdEye. I'd also like to see it with a lighter color--it's too good to hide.:thumbsup: :beer: :buttrock:

rende
05-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Nice work :thumbsup:

I wish you'd make a tutorial or something, on how you get the curves so smooth. My cars allways have some dent or bump some where.

RusMan
05-05-2003, 07:58 PM
WoW, this is totally awesome!!!:beer:
I like it a lot, and it's C4D!!!

Duffman
05-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Good stuff man, the mesh is just beautifully clean. Really well done there.

Care to share a few tips on how you did the reflections? It looks like HDRI... am I right? If so, what map, and what did white point/RGB output values did you use?

Cheers

ThirdEye
05-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Duffman
Good stuff man, the mesh is just beautifully clean. Really well done there.

Care to share a few tips on how you did the reflections? It looks like HDRI... am I right? If so, what map, and what did white point/RGB output values did you use?

Cheers

The lighting/shading setup is pretty complex but yes, it's hdri. I've used a combo of hdri reflections (sharp) and environment faked reflections (blurred) to simulate the metallic paint. Look at the silver pics in my wip thread, they can say more about this. About the lighting... It's a combo of hdri mapped sky and 3 lights, an area light, a spot and a volumetric omni. The shader is rather complex, an inverted fresnel multiplied in the colour channel, a hdri map blurred in the environment channel, a metallic-blinn illumination setup with a -50% contrast to simulate the metallic aspect. Multiple speculars too.

DeathCarrot
05-05-2003, 08:40 PM
how do you always put such an enormous amount of work into your.. work... i mean, this is your 1st car!! :eek:

Anton Andriesh
05-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Nice work, but I think there are some details that can be improved.

You have a bright stain on the background that distracts the attention from the main object. I think that the background should be darker. Moreover, it is oversaturated, and don't look like a light source.
By the way, you can place the car in a much more interesting environment, but if you want to keep it, maybe you can try to add some colored neon lights which will be reflected in the car, and create the auto saloon effect.. Turning on the red backlights will also make it better, it will add some life to your image.
Windows are too dark, especially the side one on the second picture.

The license plate seems to be self-illuminated :)

Wheels don't look metallic. Giving them a little more details will make them better.

The reflection on the floor is incorrect, is is uniformly blurred. It should be blurred depending on the distance from the reflected object.

The modelling is perfect. I really like your work! Good luck! :thumbsup:

McSpirit
05-05-2003, 08:47 PM
:drool: THAT IS SO COOL... Could have been a photo!!!:love:

hakkston
05-05-2003, 09:22 PM
REALLY GREAT TEXTURES AND LIGHTS, U R GOOD!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

gigatron
05-05-2003, 09:31 PM
I dislike the murcielago as a lambourghini, however i think that looks quite charming, however... you could make it brighter or something ;) The image is sorta .. too dark ;) I want to see more of it. Try different settings too, otherwise great stuff :D

glorydays
05-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Beautiful job thirdeye, very inspirational:applause:

handige_harrie
05-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Congrats! :applause:

Awesome model, also a good example of R8's power :buttrock:.

Not to fond about the glows and the reflections to be honest, but that's personal.

The background is too dark however, make the car more visible like it deserves, preferably by making the carpaint lighter (have you tried pure white :drool:?)

turx
05-05-2003, 10:01 PM
great model , realistic shader

congrats for front page!

sebek27
05-05-2003, 10:15 PM
awesome work ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
can we see the uk maxon commercial anywhere on the net ??

ThirdEye
05-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by sebek27
awesome work ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
can we see the uk maxon commercial anywhere on the net ??

Maybe you'll see it in some magazines, who knows ;)

Mr.FeelNothing
05-05-2003, 11:49 PM
That is one sexy car.:drool:

digitalp1mp
05-06-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Mr.FeelNothing
That is one sexy car.:drool:

I second that :eek:

Chris^

Mahlikus
05-06-2003, 12:29 AM
The Modeling is a dream ThirdEye_01.
Total dream! Wish I had those C4D Skills
:drool: :bounce: :buttrock: :beer:

Emberghost
05-06-2003, 12:32 AM
How do you make it so sexy looking....definatly one of the best cars I have seen modeled!

goodlag
05-06-2003, 12:39 AM
yeah~~ :thumbsup:

Artifex
05-06-2003, 01:03 AM
Very nice car. I prefer the front view the most. Look's like you used hdri for your reflections. There's too much white reflecting on the top view for my taste. And the glow on the front plate sells the shot.

All in all nice job. Just needs some finetuning on the reflections depending on the angle. I'dd be curius to see a 360 of the car, I'd bet all becomes better.

Cool! ;)

dark_lotus
05-06-2003, 01:26 AM
Great Stuff there Third_eye!

3Ants
05-06-2003, 02:51 AM
very cool:buttrock: :buttrock:

That Adrian Guy
05-06-2003, 03:35 AM
Very clean mesh, excellent texturing and scene setup.

good show!

JustinZ
05-06-2003, 05:45 AM
I DEMAND HIGER RES!!!!! :p

pearson
05-06-2003, 06:26 AM
Very, very nice work! I've never worked with C4D, but I've been seeing some good looking stuff being done with it.

RoarK
05-06-2003, 07:13 AM
what can i say....im belittled, but maybe i can redeem myself by tryin to make one for myself :p , so where are the blueprints at? thankie

EDIT:-
erm..they are here...
murcielago blueprints (http://jpracing.racerplanet.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=181)

MoThBall
05-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Sorry i took so long to put a post down, i had to wipe all the drool off my Keyboard :drool: Far out, that car is fantastic man, Really Top job! So glad you finished too, now we can get ready for your next project.

Now if you will excuse me i have some 'Need for speed' to play. :D
Gee i wonder what i will be driving?

Antilles
05-06-2003, 08:48 AM
i would very much like to see an orange/copper colored version! i love that color, its so rare on cars. good job though, 3rd i.

Vash T Stampede
05-06-2003, 08:56 AM
ooh shiny!:cool:

Jazzaniac73
05-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Wow, your model looks AMAZING!
How long have you been modeling for?
And what kinda modeling technique did you use to make
the car? Subdivision? If so, can you post a picture of the
car in it's natural poly form?, before it was meshsmoothed?
Thank you.

facial
05-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Seems like Polygon model according in the wireframe image, man, it is so cool.:D I love this work, Nice rendering. Hope to see your more work. :thumbsup:

PotatoHead
05-06-2003, 10:11 AM
when you use photos off corbis, the least you can do is leave the copyright notice...:D

kix ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:surprised :applause: :beer: :eek:

Shademaster
05-06-2003, 10:12 AM
Ow yeah!! :beer: that's one awesome lookin car man. I am really wondering how you got those smooth round shapes, when I start weighing my nurbs they either tend to get too square or too small (cage is always bigger than the car itself so using blueprints is nifty too). Anyway, I really like this car and think it is the best C4d car in the world! :bounce:
Would love to see a silver one when you have the time

:drool:

khaleghi
05-06-2003, 10:24 AM
It`s so beautifull.:love:
:bounce: :applause: :bounce: :applause

derelict
05-06-2003, 10:44 AM
helo 3 eyes, long time no see!

Is there a great possibility of u switching on the lites in the render? I can't for the life of me make out the contours nor the actual look of the car.

It look damn nice already but no definition. Please, render it with lites on? The current look is like the car is in a showroom warehouse with only a small window leaking or filtering lite into the room.

shoey
05-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Absolutely stunning. Great job on an excellent car:thumbsup:

hypercube
05-06-2003, 11:38 AM
That is indeed wicked slick. Model looks tight and efficient. :buttrock:

A 'full set' hi-res of the candy orange/copper version you had in the WIP would be nice, since the lines are kinda getting lost in the black there. Ran into (figuratively, walked by) an old diablo in a parking lot here with that paintscheme and it was one of the coolest looking things I'd ever seen.

I agree it does seem kinda strange to see a big warehouse reflected when the car is in a studio backdrop setup, but those could be the roof of the building I guess :D

ThirdEye
05-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks you all guys A LOT! Some answers for your questions:

1) About a silver, orange and different lighting setup renders: look in my wip thread, there are some renders with those features, the modeling was almost complete

2) Blueprints: make a search in the modeling forum of cgtalk for "murcielago", i found them there

3) Higher res? I'm rendering a couple views for Exposè and for Maxon's advertising so wait till tomorrow, maybe i can host them

4) Technique? Basically what i do is modeling poly by poly over the blueprints leaving separated each piece as in a real car. Every piece (except the wiper) is thrown in a Simmetry object and then thrown into a Hypernurbs object (subds)

:wavey:

jam21th
05-06-2003, 12:02 PM
:)

0=NiX=0
05-06-2003, 01:23 PM
is it just me or is the spec on the car WAY to high?

cermit
05-06-2003, 02:32 PM
amazing

michaeli
05-06-2003, 02:35 PM
Wow, cool car, congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

medula
05-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Nice work Thireye! Solid! :buttrock:

Congrats on the front page too! :eek: :thumbsup:

Agent.Orange
05-06-2003, 04:09 PM
:eek: w00t!!

Hi ThirdEye your Murciélago turned out VERY well to say the least!! This is absolutely stunning! It leaves my Murci looking like a toy car :thumbsup:

( * me gets back into 3ds to tweak the hell out of my carpaint shader :D * )

Nosalis
05-06-2003, 04:15 PM
I think that the materials and the whole render is made awesome. But the model it self doesn`t seems right to me. I think, that you haven`t probably used a blueprint, so the shapes are not exact.

I`d also like to see it in lime yellow, ... model will look maybe better. Anyway it is great work.

Is-boset
05-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Awesome it's for me a more great job for render than modelling.
But i don't say that your modelling wasn't great. booth are beatufull but the render it's great...

handige_harrie
05-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Nosalis
I think that the materials and the whole render is made awesome. But the model it self doesn`t seems right to me. I think, that you haven`t probably used a blueprint, so the shapes are not exact.

:surprised If there is anything right about this car, it's the model. Ans yes he used blueprints (logically), he said so himself.

Jan
05-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Fantastic work. Nice to see such perfect renderings made with C4D.

jampoz
05-06-2003, 05:38 PM
ThirdEye, hai spaccato davvero di brutto, complimenti!
E complimentoni per la first page che ti sei guadagnato
Sono un tuo fan, continua cosi'! :o)

PS: Spero di arrivare pure io alla first page creando la drammaticita' desiderata nel mio attuale WIP, spero proprio!
Magari dammi una mano con qualche critica ;o)

warmup
05-06-2003, 05:59 PM
:cry: an impressive picture, keep on posting updates

:beer: :beer:

ThirdEye
05-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by jampoz
ThirdEye, hai spaccato davvero di brutto, complimenti!
E complimentoni per la first page che ti sei guadagnato
Sono un tuo fan, continua cosi'! :o)

PS: Spero di arrivare pure io alla first page creando la drammaticita' desiderata nel mio attuale WIP, spero proprio!
Magari dammi una mano con qualche critica ;o)

Grazie mille per i complimenti, per quanto riguarda il tuo wip direi che sta venendo bene, la cosa che più serve ora è un po' di cura per i particolari e i materiali, per il resto ci sei :)

ThirdEye
05-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Nosalis

I`d also like to see it in lime yellow, ... model will look maybe better. Anyway it is great work.

The modeling is perfeclty following an enormous blueprint image i found in the modeling forum of cgtalk so the shapes should be right. I also tried to overlay my model with some real pics of the Murcielago and they fitted perfectly so... Dunno maybe have a look at www.lambocars.com you'll find a lot of pics of this car, compare them with my renders. Cheers

draconix
05-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Beautiful :D

Lewis3D
05-06-2003, 08:47 PM
Looks great ThirdEye_01 , I'am glad you finsihed that car finaly :).

Only thing what i would suggest (for future proects if you decide to build cars again) is to have SAME number of poly rows between parts. For instance your front hood have more poly rows than front bumper and in that side view render is noticable on reflections that is kinda "broken". That's happen 'coz that small difference no matter how close and smooth it looks in shade/smooth view it's "hurting" to reflections. If you had same number of poly segments (you easy can "fix" that on hood) it won't happen.

That's just nitpicking and trying to help so just ignore that if you are done with cars :). You should be proud to this model.

cheers

MeshedP
05-06-2003, 08:53 PM
:shame:

Horrible image......

How can you post it???

LOL

Third rulez!!!

:bounce: :beer: :bounce:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

ZVAN
05-06-2003, 10:05 PM
nice... but too dark... the pic not clear..

ThirdEye
05-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ZVAN
nice... but too dark... the pic not clear..

Increase the gamma settings of your monitor and it will be more clear :p

ThirdEye
05-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Lewis
Looks great ThirdEye_01 , I'am glad you finsihed that car finaly :).

Only thing what i would suggest (for future proects if you decide to build cars again) is to have SAME number of poly rows between parts. For instance your front hood have more poly rows than front bumper and in that side view render is noticable on reflections that is kinda "broken". That's happen 'coz that small difference no matter how close and smooth it looks in shade/smooth view it's "hurting" to reflections. If you had same number of poly segments (you easy can "fix" that on hood) it won't happen.

That's just nitpicking and trying to help so just ignore that if you are done with cars :). You should be proud to this model.

cheers

Thanks a lot Lewis, it's great to hear such a good comment from a cg car god! Thanks for your advice, i will think about it for my next car, it will be really useful for sure!! :thumbsup:

ThirdEye
05-06-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by MeshedP
:shame:

Horrible image......

How can you post it???

LOL

Third rulez!!!

:bounce: :beer: :bounce:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

hahaha grazie 1000 seba!

ssyed
05-07-2003, 12:30 AM
wow:bounce:
the mirrors look wierd i don't know it's probably just me

Michael Chen
05-07-2003, 01:50 AM
Your car looks wic:buttrock:

Great modelling, texturing, and lighting :thumbsup:

PureFire
05-07-2003, 04:49 AM
absolutely brilliant...and to do it all in C4D is brilliant again :D

ThirdEye
05-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by PureFire
absolutely brilliant...and to do it all in C4D is brilliant again :D

Thanks a lot :applause:

Carina
05-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Ah! Bella Macchina!

Looking very very nice.. I like it despite my inherent disinterest in cars!

(Impressed with my italian?:D)

ceql
05-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Awesome, Thirdeye is like the master of C4D! :applause: :applause:

balder
05-07-2003, 03:30 PM
Complimentoni vivissimi. Un po' troppo scuro per il mio monitor ma il modello è spettacolare. Spacchiamoie er culo!
Ciao!!

ThirdEye
05-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Carina
Ah! Bella Macchina!

Looking very very nice.. I like it despite my inherent disinterest in cars!

(Impressed with my italian?:D)

Hahahaha your italian gets better and better, i'm really impressed!! :scream:

ThirdEye
05-07-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by balder
Complimentoni vivissimi. Un po' troppo scuro per il mio monitor ma il modello è spettacolare. Spacchiamoie er culo!
Ciao!!

Mi sa che un po' tutti hanno/abbiamo problemi di gamma dei monitor, alcuni mi hanno detto di scurire, altri di schiarire... Credo sia piuttosto normale in casi come questo in cui il soggetto è piuttosto scuro. Grazie mille comunque! :wavey:

jampoz
05-08-2003, 01:08 AM
Sbaglio o siamo tutti di Roma? ehehehehe :beer:

ThirdEye
05-08-2003, 01:12 AM
hahaha mi sa che forse non sbagli, anche se io sono romano adottivo da meno di un anno :beer:

DIMO
05-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Excellent job,

perfect model,

Great Picture! Only thing I find disturbing is the reflection map. It doesn't quite fit into the rest. Perhaps simple white lines that flow along the design lines of the car would be better. I think a real world photographer would do everything so you can't see the roof of the studio. But that's just an idea.

DIMO

balder
05-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Ehehe no no io sono di Lucca, mi è uscita così....

cobaltx
05-08-2003, 11:37 AM
looks really sweet. :drool:

ThirdEye
05-08-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by DIMO
Excellent job,

perfect model,

Great Picture! Only thing I find disturbing is the reflection map. It doesn't quite fit into the rest. Perhaps simple white lines that flow along the design lines of the car would be better. I think a real world photographer would do everything so you can't see the roof of the studio. But that's just an idea.

DIMO

You're right DIMO, my next attempt will be better for sure at this, thanks for your help, your advices and your comments. :)

lildragon
05-13-2003, 03:23 PM
You already know my thoughts buddy ;)

Please be sure to enter this into Expose http://www.cgtalk.com/expose you definitely have a chance

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Nice work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_may03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

ThirdEye
05-13-2003, 03:46 PM
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i can't believe it, thanks Tito!!!! :bounce: :beer: :buttrock: :love: :airguitar :applause: :thumbsup: :lightbulb

Remi
05-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Hey 3rd....I have to say i'm not a big fan of 3d cars. Having said that I will now say it looks fantastic. Sorry I missed this one...I don't normally look at car threads....the renders are excellent and the model looks superb.....great job bud.:thumbsup: :D

ThirdEye
05-14-2003, 01:18 AM
Thanks a lot m8 :)

EighthDecay
05-14-2003, 01:29 AM
for some reason I just miss the gallery stuff all together sometime,, I need to get with it... :rolleyes:

:D
man you did a great job,, a bit to flashy to me,, but overall killer stuff.

:buttrock:

ThirdEye
05-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by EighthDecay
for some reason I just miss the gallery stuff all together sometime,, I need to get with it... :rolleyes:

:D
man you did a great job,, a bit to flashy to me,, but overall killer stuff.

:buttrock:

Wait for the next car if you liked this one :D

fredconv
05-14-2003, 04:14 PM
i really like this dark one
killing me ....

i got a lot to learn .... TT_TT

Novakog
06-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Man this is awesome! I don't like the Murcielago too much in real life, but you make it look kick-ass. Very nice job!

ThirdEye
10-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Since a lot of people asked me for a silver grey version here it comes, hope you like it :)

http://thirdeye.cgcommunity.com/Murcielago.jpg

Wilson-3d
10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Really looks great. Another nice piece!

squidinc
10-09-2003, 12:19 AM
nice colour, not sure about the background though, I reckon you should finish this off with a decent photo comp :)

and er.. where are the door handles? :D

squidinc
10-09-2003, 12:24 AM
never mind, just had a look at some ref images, this car must have magic doors, couldn't find a photo with handles :p

ThirdEye
10-09-2003, 01:26 AM
Look on the door, below the window Mike ;)

btw here's the pic i took inspiration from: http://www.lambocars.com/highres/mur88.jpg

flingster
10-09-2003, 01:47 AM
now thats evil....especially when you look at your ref...it really shows how good it is...exceptional stuff bud...:thumbsup: :beer: :thumbsup:

WU2
10-09-2003, 06:33 AM
amazing render there... i'm working on a murcielago myself (although I'm really lazy right now)....on the rear rims where the lugnuts and the core are should indent a little more i think (see photo refs) ... is there a dash board modeled? because it looks sorta like you can see through the windshield to the silhouette of the opposite door... the materials on the door part behind the window and under the wings are too reflective i think... heh these are super nitpicks only because i've been scrutinizing my own as well...that is just amazing though...great work! :)

viper11885
10-09-2003, 07:15 AM
hate to bring a old thread back up.. but wow, this is an awesome model.. definately one of the best car renders that i have seen..

just wondering if you have a bigger res of the pics??.. was wondering if you had any at 1600x1200+???.. would be awesome for a wallpaper on my desktop!!!

spectacular job!

soulcollector
10-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Awesome... the light-halos realy add realizm..

ThirdEye
10-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by viper11885
hate to bring a old thread back up.. but wow, this is an awesome model.. definately one of the best car renders that i have seen..

Thanks for your kind words, anyway you haven't brought anything back, i am the one who did it because i wanted to show the new silver version i made yesterday. :)

aQu
10-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Whoa, that looks pretty... fast.
:thumbsup:

ThirdEye
10-09-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by aQu
Whoa, that looks pretty... fast.
:thumbsup:

Yep, more than 300 Km/h for sure :D

JIII
10-10-2003, 03:50 AM
holy bejeezus dude thats awesome.

I see you turned your refrence planes into a little back ground lol. Nice man really nice.

ThirdEye
10-11-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by JIII
holy bejeezus dude thats awesome.

I see you turned your refrence planes into a little back ground lol. Nice man really nice.

Thanks a lot dude, i dunno if i'll make a compositing, i'd like to finish the SL600 now ;)

anorris
10-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Its a good thing you posted the wireframe, because if you didn't I'd have to accuse you of posting a picture. Absolutely stunning!

mikepolizos
10-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Woh, Great render.
That look so real, I really like this one!
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

WChestnutt
10-13-2003, 04:48 PM
omg!!! thats just totally cool!!! and near anough exactly the same as the reference!!! you da man :p

Cheers,

Will

Hostil Elektrod
10-13-2003, 05:24 PM
but... but... WTF!
:cry: that wire... :hmm:

ficolo
10-13-2003, 05:33 PM
:applause: WONDERFULL!!!!! :beer:

ThirdEye
10-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Hostil Elektrod
but... but... WTF!
:cry: that wire... :hmm:

What's the problem with the wireframe? :shrug:

Dan_`|C22
10-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Brilliant :) :applause: Any chance you could give a link to the blueprint? I'd like to have a go at modeling one :D

ThirdEye
10-14-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Dan_`|C22
Brilliant :) :applause: Any chance you could give a link to the blueprint? I'd like to have a go at modeling one :D

I hope this is big enough :D

Murciélago blueprint (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/pb8938beb7d17bd16e5a47c9acd42c427/fcae2728.jpg.orig.jpg)

guitarhero14
10-14-2003, 03:46 AM
cant seem to get the picture

ThirdEye
10-14-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by guitarhero14
cant seem to get the picture

Wait some mins, it works perfectly here, it's prolly due to the enormous size of the pic :)

DoLeeP
01-02-2004, 05:09 AM
one of the best things I ever seen in my life
good job ThirdEye
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PhantomDesign
01-02-2004, 11:27 AM
First, I'd like to say great job.

I was going to slam you for making the car low contrast & black to hide imperfections, but the silver picture cleared that up.... :)

The mirrors aren't right. Fix the mirrors. Yes I checked reference photos to be sure.

M sixth sense says you need to show us pictures of the back…or finish the back.

While you my have used blueprints, some of the surfaces and dimensions aren't right, or the camera angles are terrible distorted.

Overall, great job. I could criticize misaligned reflections, and some other stuff that only a person who researched professional car design would know...but who really cares about that crap? Don't take any of these criticisms the wrong way!!! :) Anyone can improve & you did a awesome job.

DoLeeP
01-08-2004, 08:15 AM
M sixth sense says you need to show us pictures of the back…or finish the back.
Agree

GARA
01-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Original Version is sleek, must admit..
SAilver allows us to see the detail..
seems perfect :)

nice one

The Witch King
09-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Thats a nice car. You surely beat everybody and his uncle.

psycho1
11-29-2004, 03:51 PM
god damn thats just awsome i havent seen another car like that in a long time great job.:twisted:

Kerem
08-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Perfect ! Amazing job man ! :thumbsup:

Voron
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Wow, Thats close to perfect

CGTalk Moderation
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.