PDA

View Full Version : retrieving info from corrupt fxs file

MikeBuckland
03-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Help!
I have a file keeps crashing when I open it. The scene contains several effects- Superblender, Puppet master and SoftBody Dynamics applied to the charatcer.
I suspect that it's one of these that is causing the crash.
As a desperate measure I am trying to extract the motion information from the scene and re apply it to a fresh setup of the character. Does anyone have any good ideas aas to how to do that?
I am messing about in a text editor, trying to understand how I could do this, but so far with very little success.
Anyone have any ideas?

peksi
03-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Hello. First I'd try to replace BeginObject / EndObject block which contains problematic effect (not it's tool, just the effect), with Object block that has Null. Just create new scene with Null and rip the block from there. I would leave ripping motion from FXS by hand as a last resort. Interesting case, please report the results :)

MikeBuckland
03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Ah - OK.
Someone modifed the model without me knowing, most likely causing Superblender to crash.
I restored the previous version and fixed the problem

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.