PDA

View Full Version : Along the Wall

JBrant
03-06-2008, 03:54 AM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1204779277/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1204779277/1024bound)This image started as a sketch of pod-like dwellings in a harsh and unforgiving landscape. A short way into the process I decided to abandon the dreary backdrop for a more lush and inviting one. I have several ideas as to who lives here and why, but I feel that, for this image, if I had all the answers it might cease to be interesting to me. This is the first CG illustration I've done under my own direction and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

maxtorag
03-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Interesting. ;) What was your nspiration? I am doing something sooo similar already two weeks and now I hesitate to post it... :twisted: Surprised me such a similarity. Probably it's a wide style concept and none of us is too original :eek: Well, if I make it to the deadline, you'll see mine ;)
To the image...nice work. Somehow the scale of "wall" entrance is quite big compared to structures and trees. Or maybe it's just that the buildings are smaller than I would expect ;)
How did you do the trees? Photo manipulation or particles?

LightSovereign
03-06-2008, 09:41 AM
delicate!..that is teh one word that comes to mind!.

JBrant
03-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Interesting. ;) What was your nspiration? I am doing something sooo similar already two weeks and now I hesitate to post it... :twisted: Surprised me such a similarity. Probably it's a wide style concept and none of us is too original :eek: Well, if I make it to the deadline, you'll see mine ;)
To the image...nice work. Somehow the scale of "wall" entrance is quite big compared to structures and trees. Or maybe it's just that the buildings are smaller than I would expect ;)
How did you do the trees? Photo manipulation or particles?

My inspirations were gravity, hanging shapes and an elevated place to look out on the landscape.
As to how I made my trees, they were created with onyx tree and textured and rendered in 3ds max. The landscape was modeled in max and Zbrush and all of it was given extensive painting in Photoshop.

Thanks for your comments. I looked at your portfolio and its quite good, so I hope we get to see your finished image.

Jeremy

Akueous
03-07-2008, 02:36 AM
I view delicate as well.

Many faberge eggs on a stone cliff...nice a "delicate dichotomy!" I like it. Keep up the good work.

maxtorag
03-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Well, my inspiration comes from bea eaters and barn swallows. And I hope I will make it to the final...since I have very few free time to dedicate to it :(

JBrant
03-10-2008, 01:29 AM
I view delicate as well.

Many faberge eggs on a stone cliff...nice a "delicate dichotomy!" I like it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Kevin. The faberge eggs had come up a coupe of times in the process and I wondered if someone might mention it here. Also, kudos for using the word dichotomy. I haven't heard that since architecture school. :)

Akueous
03-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks Jeremy,

Your response made me laugh. I wasn't trying to make history here; I guess I just like the word. Thanks for the laugh; and once again - a nice piece of work. Good luck to you!

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2008, 01:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.