PDA

View Full Version : single water drop?

og_borat
03-05-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi
I've been looking into fluids in Maya, What I'm trying to do it create a drip. I've got a black triangle point down, I would like a drip to form on its end tip then drop off to the ground.

Now I though I would place a emitter over the top and I could get the fluid to drop onto the triangle and flow down to the end and then drop off. This works to a degree but really it just flows off, no drop but more of a a torrent. I've been tweeking the thing that makes it stickier? But i just end up with the a huge torrent of sticky water, not a single drop.

Am I on the right track or should I be looking at something eles to get it to act like a drop of water.

Any help would be great.
Thanks.

3D Matrix
03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
yes we need help

:sad: up

HEKTOR
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Message was delete.

kyleb2112
03-05-2008, 12:23 PM
The trailer from Horon Hears a who has a nice drop right at the beginning.
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/07/27/horton-hears-a-trailer/

Undoubtedly they've got all kinds of proprietary software to work with, but at its heart it's still a metaballs effect. In Maya that usually translates to blobby particles, though there is a modelling plugin which Maya give you more control.
http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/advanced_search.php?s%5Btitle%5D=metaballs

sachinjoshi
03-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi,

You could use realflow for that kinda animation. You get your result as you say.

cheers.

og_borat
03-06-2008, 04:37 AM
Thanks guys.
That sounds like a plan thanks Hektor. Much much slimper.

Thanks for the link Kyleb but sadly I'm using 08 and its only for 8.5. It looked interesting.

Thanks anyway images/icons/icon7.gif

cheers guys.

og_borat
03-06-2008, 04:39 AM
Hi,

You could use realflow for that kinda animation. You get your result as you say.

cheers.

Ah yeah, I've just been looking at real flow. just having a look around for some tuts.

Might have a look at using that for the drip splash at the end?!?

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2008, 04:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.