PDA

View Full Version : painting workflow question

Omarios
03-05-2008, 06:05 AM
hey forum,
i have this simple workflow question about painting layers in photoshop...i load in my drawn imagge or even start drawing it straight into photoshop with my wacom....
then i load in a multiply layer and paint it in grayscale black and white...so what is advisable for me to apply colour to it....shall i just apply a normal layer and play around with the opacity of my colour or should i use a multiply layer?
another approach is using a colourize brush.....so what am askin is simple approach techniques....
thanks in advance
omar mansour

Mthson
03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Keep things in separate layers as much as you can.

Using the Color filtering might work best for your purposes.

Also, people will appreciate capitalization in posts :)

suztv
03-10-2008, 02:13 PM
hmmm - to colorize a finished piece you could use an adjustment layer. Normally to fill in a grayscale drawing I create a selection of the object and then fill with grey and use the layer color style or create an adjustment layer with the selection still active and select "Hue/Saturation", colorize. Pretty simple but not something you just happen to learn. It depends on how dark or light you want the color etc. You could also just color on a separate layer and use multiply or overlay...

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2008, 02:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.