PDA

View Full Version : Problem with WACOM tablet

JaredTaylor
03-05-2008, 01:32 AM
I didn't really know where else to put this, but there's a problem with my WACOM tablet that is making it impossible to draw properly. It moves the cursor when the pen is like 1 cm away from the actual tablet, I need this to be more like 0.1-0.2mm; anyone know if theres some option that will fix this?

delunchen
03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I didn't really know where else to put this, but there's a problem with my WACOM tablet that is making it impossible to draw properly. It moves the cursor when the pen is like 1 cm away from the actual tablet, I need this to be more like 0.1-0.2mm; anyone know if theres some option that will fix this?

Is this your first time using a tablet?
I think the problem is not on the tablet but yourself because you are not used to it i think.

The tablet is suspose to detect the stylus when it is very near it, but will not register a stroke if the nib havent touch the tablet's working surface.

Make sure you are set to mouse mode (which basically acts like a mouse). Set to pen mode, Under the tablet's option in control panel. The cursor will be exactly where you point your nib.

JaredTaylor
03-05-2008, 09:35 PM
I have had the wacom for several months now, and use it maybe once every two days. It has always done this. It doesn't "click" until I actually TOUCH the surface, but the pen moves when it's slightly away from the surface.

What this means is that if I drag it over the surface, or take it away and put it back down, it will move my cursor when I don't want it to, it makes my drawings inaccurate and the lines are wonky when my hand is steady.

For months I have used a wacom to do all my drawing due to having no scanner, but today I just got one and it's going to make things so much easier, so hopefully this wont be as big a deal but it is still a huge issue when I do use the wacom. I need a setting to control the distance before the pen influences the tablet :(

gavalian
03-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Ya it's the way wacom works, You have icon in control panel, so you can modify it.

JaredTaylor
03-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't see an option to modify it, what am I looking for?

Geta-Ve
03-15-2008, 09:57 AM
From what I am understanding you simply don't want the cursor to move unless you are practically touching the surface.

With this in mind it is good to note that all the wacom surface is, is a listening device for where the pen is. The pen does all the real work. And what THAT in mind try adding a few layers of paper... or something else that will use up that extra bit of blank space..

:)

kraal
03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
like most said its not the pen its you....... you need to lift further away and get used to it.

workbench
03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
How would you know where the brush would be if you didn't move it along the area? In zoomed-in areas it could be an issue.

heilcf2
03-18-2008, 11:52 PM
sometime wacom does not get along with older computers.. like response time and memory buffers..
and there is a sensibility option in photoshop for wacom plugin if u want to change the detection..
if everything dont work goto http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/

Wildlifehoodoo
03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
It is strange to get used to when you compare it to how a mouse works. When I first had a tablet it messed with my head, it felt like the curser was on an invisible elastic or something , which wouldn't stop following the pen around when I lifted it. It's all second nature now though. You will get used to it.

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.