View Full Version : attack animation

dreamart
03-04-2008, 09:10 AM
It will be great to get any feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlA-2H3mR2I

Thanks

Geuse
03-04-2008, 11:57 AM
wee. nice. way to go. looks fluid and u sense power in the swing. give us more!

Tollman
03-04-2008, 12:18 PM
at the end, where he lifts his foot to move it... he would fall because he doesnt have any momentum backwards to counter that move.. well almost, i sense that i was a bit unclear..
the weight in the club does look a little uneven, when he start the swing its heavy, and when he breaks the swing it's much lighter, or so it seems.

but theese are minor stuff..

it looks real good!

//Jonas

OgLuna
03-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I think it is very fluid and natural. However, it looks a bit slow to me. I would suggest if you sped it up just a tad, you'd get more power out of the attack.

Anil-Kapoor
03-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi Mike,
Its looking good. the coming back action after the attack can be improved further, i feel. currently he is moving his left foot back, but it doesn;t feel that the body weight has been taken by the right leg (shifted over the right leg) for him to be able to lift his left foot. i think u can improve the weight shift .
rgds
Anil

Neill
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi dreamart,

as for me the mass of the axe is to small (I feel it when looking at the attack motion). And also It's not good how character reach back axe.

dreamart
03-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Thank you very much for the suggestions. I applied your suggestions to this time.

Could I get more critiques? Plz

Thanks again.

http://nice3d.com/tmp/attack_test.mov

SoundLightSaga
03-17-2008, 02:21 PM
One thing I noticed is that the object he is swinging stops to abruptly, maybe soften that up. Otherwise looks great! Just think about the weight of everything and you'll be golden :)

milqito
03-19-2008, 02:48 AM
I think this looks excellent. I agree with the weight, but I think it's almost nitpicking. To slow it down, I would think about not just slowing down the arm movement toward the end, but also about how he would have to use his torso to counteract the force of the swing, unless you're going to add something to take the blow. If he misses, I would expect him to be surprised and have a jerky reaction to keep from hitting himself at the last moment.

frankymartz
03-19-2008, 05:16 AM
Good job!
Looks really good. I like how his feet are situated throughout the motion. Shows good weight. The only things I shaky on is the arms and the head.

He's not aiming during [00;00;14 - 00;00;22]. His head would look where he's swinging. I think thats why he seems off balance. Also bring his left arm out, not up.

During [00;00;24 - 00;00;28] his wrist shouldn't be leading anymore. Lock the wrist with the weapon ahead of his hand.

Overall, good follow through and overlap.

Cheers,
>>FRANKY<<

kreators1
03-19-2008, 06:42 AM
nice job....But I think if you minimise ( if possible) the timing of action with lil exxageration then it will be more impressive

CGTalk Moderation
03-19-2008, 06:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.