PDA

View Full Version : Flour Sack_Employee of month

Michael5188
03-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Hey there. Need some critique for an animation. Using a flour sack rig, posted the video on photobucket and for some reason the picture/color is pretty messed up, but the animation is still there.

Any help would be appreciated. I feel done with it, but I'm sure there are things I'm missing.

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Michael5188/?action=view&current=Michael_Sime.flv

dude5487
03-04-2008, 03:58 AM
Make the image of who the employee of the month is much larger. Then make a camera and at some point in the animation show us who the other flour sack is, I assume its the character in the photo but the viewer is never given the full picture.

Good luck.

Davethewave711
03-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Make the image of who the employee of the month is much larger. Then make a camera and at some point in the animation show us who the other flour sack is, I assume its the character in the photo but the viewer is never given the full picture.

I agree...
to be honest i was confused as to why he was upset...it would be nice to maybe have several of the photos up on the wall of the same guy...this will give you more of a understanding that this has happened more than once and it is only this one character that keeps getting it...
It would be nice to see the other character with another camera angle as suggested and see his reaction to seeing his photo on the ground..the flour sack is stiff on the wave and the hunch down...i would have more of the sack move and rotate down...
keep it up...
Dave

Gopher the Gold (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=153&t=600448)

dreamart
03-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Hey,Michael
I like your animation but little bit confuse story line without sound.
By the way, How did you put frame number in your viewport?
Thanks

Michael5188
03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Ok, thanks guys. I'll loosen up the wave at the end.

I got the frame numbers with a script called frame counter.

Adding more pictures of the same guy is definitely a good idea. As far as showing the other flour sacks face, I know this would help, I just don't know when to do it. I don't want to break up the animation into too many shots, it could get confusing. When would be a good time to cut to his face? I'm thinking either after the first sack is scared and before he looks at the picture. Or right after the shot of the broken picture it cuts to the angle showing the second flour sack with the mustache... Not sure though.

By the way, when the colors aren't all messed up, the flour sack in the picture is a much darker, different color than the main flour sack. Would it have helped you all understand the second flour sack is the employee of the month if the colors were correct in the video?

Thanks again.

Davethewave711
03-04-2008, 09:02 PM
it would help more if he was a different color but it could still be someone else until we see that mustache...because i thought it was the boss when i first saw it...

I think that cutting to the front of flour sack with mustache should happen before looking at
the framed picture...it should be in my opinion be flour sack is startled... closeup of the flour sack with mustache...looking ahead at the flour sack and then look over to the side where the picture is smashed...then a closeup of the frame and it would be as if it were from his point of view...and then the next cut is the flour sack no mustache looking back as you have it...

thanks
Dave

Gopher the Gold (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=153&t=600448)

Michael5188
03-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Hey, I tried something else out. Gave him a toupee. Of course later I'll change up all of the employee of the month photos. Didn't work on the actual animation though, so the wave at the end is still stiff. I'll pound it out tonight.

Does the story read better though?

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Michael5188/?action=view&current=Flour_Sack_03.flv

dude5487
03-06-2008, 02:21 AM
I like that much much better! I got the definent feeling that this guy in the many pictures is always getting the awards. I feel something else can be done to make the other guy seem more apparent, I really like the added hair piece though it helps.

Ok I think I know what it is. The main character sees the hair piece guy before we do. If you put the camera on the hair piece guy before the main character turns around I think it would add a lot to it. Give that a shot.

Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2008, 02:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.