PDA

View Full Version : smoke coming out from a Pipe

hto
03-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Hello I'm trying to create smoke which comes out from I pipe or tube. I using fluids. but I cannot control the fluid. what I mean is that the fluids pass trhough the pipe.

How big the tessalation should be to keep fluids inside of an object. and with fields or move the fluids out?..

In case I want to create the same effect with curveflow. How can I gave the smoke look to the particles?..

thanks you for your help.

hto

aanup
03-04-2008, 04:59 AM
HI,

you could use sprite particles with curve flow for that. make a sequence of clouds with transparecny. Apply the sequence to your sprite particles. There you get your smoke.

Scob
03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Hi ,

So i had a look to your scene :). And i done few modifications.
First , be careful with the fluid effect it s really important to have square voxel , it a always better. ( have a look on the forum there are some thread about that)
Second , you need to have a fluid tesselation enough hight , if you want correct collision.
Because if the voxels are very large , the collision won't be enought detailed.

So ,what i have done :

-Increase your tesselation
-make your voxels square
-Duplicate your collide objet , and resize the original one ( now it collide on smaller pipe inside the "big" one).
-Change you emitter type to volume (sphere) , to control easily the "size" of the emission ( to keep the emission inside the pipe) , in omni you can't ...
-And i had a volumeField to push the fluid outside the pipe.

(and few modifiactions , on shading to see better your fluid , and in the dynamic simulation like viscosity ...)

And now it works ! :)
But perhaps not , in the way that you want....:rolleyes:

Hope to be understandable ! ^^
My english isn t really good...

Hope it helps

Jerome

hto
03-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Thank so much to both of you.

Scob: Cool and really helpful explanation. and its working, I just need to fix the motion, but you give me a big input... thank you again..

one more question, with the collision most of the time do I need to duplicate the object?

cheers..

hto..

Scob
03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Your welcome dude ! ;)

"one more question, with the collision most of the time do I need to duplicate the object?"
No , just in case like yours , it's just to be sure that the fluid effect will not cross your objet.

Cheers

Jerome

hto
03-06-2008, 01:03 AM
I see.. thanks buddy...

Cheers..

hto.

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2008, 01:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.