PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new Texturing and Surfacing Forum

lildragon
04-18-2002, 02:09 AM
Hi all

Due to a demand after a poll was conducted, we have decided to give this forum a trial run. If it works as planned it'll be here to stay. Leigh will be the mod here and will be doing texturing workshops, so this should be very educational..

Have fun

cheers :beer:

Genesis
04-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Cool,

thanks, I think this will be handy.

:)

SheepFactory
04-18-2002, 03:15 PM
glad we gave this thread.

we can kill the bodypaint 3d thread in the bottom to save up some space if you ask me , nobody is using it anyway.:shrug:

A|i

lildragon
04-18-2002, 04:46 PM
Yeh Ali I was thinking that :hmm: will do, I mean it's been there since the forum open and all :D

cheers

merlin9876
04-19-2002, 08:58 AM
Great! Maybe now I'll learn how to texture other than apply a plain uniform color to objects! :rolleyes: ;)

LucentDreams
04-19-2002, 12:50 PM
I agree on the bodypaint thing, those kind of things can be answered in here. I can definitely help with Bodypaint questions in here.

Roach
04-25-2002, 03:43 PM
A yes texturing...actually I was checking if my account works:)

hartcons
04-28-2002, 10:47 AM
Speaking of BodyPaint, if you're good with Photoshop what do you need BodyPaint for? I recently started using C4D and am thinking about purchasing BodyPaint but wondering what it gives me that I don't already have in Photoshop.

LucentDreams
04-28-2002, 12:55 PM
I'll be completely honest about bodypaint as someone who is a big C4D user and loves photoshop too. I got BP when I as at school so I got it with C4D all ona student discount back when I had money too. I playe with it for a bit, and then used it mainly for pushing out quick simlee texture tests or colour tests as you don't need to switch programs.

Now that I ahve really been pputting it through the ropes, I have found that It is an excellent UVeditor and mapper. It has great multibrushes ans painting directly on the model is handy but it is awkward and missing many key things like colour burn layer blending and such so I basically am using it as a UV editor and for quick touchups or simple painting. for ornamentla or anything dealing with premade images, I would just creat the psd in BP with the UV map on it, then open it in photoshop. Photoshop has far better painting and editing capabilities, so BP is great but needs some major improvements before I feel it is more than just an awesome uv editor (the best I have ever used for that I'll note)

hartcons
04-28-2002, 09:21 PM
Your candor is appreciated (not to mention the SLA presets). I played with a BP demo and did enjoy the multi-channel brushes and the ability to paint right on the model in the perspective view.

What about http://www.uvmapper.com/ and http://www.unwrap3d.com/ for uv mapping/unwrapping?

LucentDreams
04-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Well they are good well used programs, I haven't actualy trie the second one out. the thing I like about UV editn in BP as a C4D user is the fact that when modeling and animating I make plenty of selection tages, and then when I want to do the uv editing, I can just take those point or poly selections, and look in the texture view and the selection is made there (really hand when you have things overlapped and the optimize isn't doig it the way you want.) w well if I want to change the uv arrangement or something else later on, I can do the UV changes and image changes all at the same time (seperate steps but no program switching) and the formats can be .B3D or photoshop which means direct support into PS. Only problem with that is the lack of certain layer blending modes, though they have add which only PS 7 has.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.