PDA

View Full Version : Help with replacing color / editing this shot

adamfinger
05-05-2003, 04:41 AM
http://www.pollutionfactory.com/newspaperHelp.jpg

Above is a link to a still frame of one of the shots I am working with. In it, I am trying to edit the front page of the newspaper in order to make it look completely blank--ie, no text or images. The back cover with the large image is going to stay, but I somehow need to get rid of the text on the front cover in order to make the entire thing look blank. The entire shot is about 300 frames and involves a decent amount of movement.

Is there any way in Combustion to replace the color of the black text with the greyish newspaper background? Maybe "replace" isn't the accurate process that would be required, but I really don't know how to efficiently go about this.

Right now I've been recreating that page in 3D max and plan on comping it into the footage using spline edges to "seamlessly" integrate the new page with the existing footage. As you can image, this is an exhausting process, which I understand may very well be necessary--I'm just trying to figure out if there is a cleaner and easier way to do this through Combustion.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-adam

beaker
05-05-2003, 09:04 AM
I remember in Effect(combustions predecessor) and Afterfx both have tutorials that came with the software for taking a sign on the side of a bus and changing it. They just track the 4 corners of the object and use that to distort another image onto the side of the bus. Should be the same method as the newspaper. Check the combustion tuts that came with the software.

Alanbell
05-07-2003, 03:17 AM
Do you need to get rid of all the type or just the headline? If it's just the headline paint it out using clone and track the text.

Or if its the whole page try this:
You could try using a selection mask and then using the CC to match to the paper. There is a good chance you will be able to get most of it out that way. At least you wont be painting out the folds and waves in the paper. Then what you cant get out with the CC you can clone out.

Regards
Alan Bell

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.