PDA

View Full Version : DMorph plugin not working

bugzilla
03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
I have several animations already done in Lightwave I am trying to get into Messiah. I created .MDD files in Lightwave using the MDScan plugin and insured that they have all of the animation still attached. When I try to load the sequence into Messiah I get an error message saying "Object Replacement Mode is incompatible with MDD files and has been turned off"

What am I doing wrong? Also, why can't I see the Lightwave animation in Messiah? How can this be accomplished?

MoodyB
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
You're not doing anything wrong. That message doesn't affect how .mdd files work, so ignore it when using them.

As for why it's not working, did you test the mdd file in LW to make sure it recorded properly ? Only other thing to suggest it to turn ' displace points ' to 'Post' instead of 'Pre' in the DMorph block.

Gene Williams
03-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Most likely you are still in "Setup" mode. Click on animate and your mdd file will deform your mesh.

Gene

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2008, 04:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.