PDA

View Full Version : eXo.Entity - huge movie project using Blender, Wings and whatnot...

JamesMK
05-04-2003, 11:40 PM
I stumbled across that "is this forum dying a slow death"-thread below, and figured I should contribute somehow... Though there are quite a lot of posts here, there's not a lot of new threads.
So I hereby contribute one piece of new thread 8)

I wasn't really going to announce this project of mine here at cgtalk just yet, mainly because I'm still in pre-production, and there is very little visual material available, but sooner or later I had to do it, so here goes:

Huge personal movie project site: http://kaufeldt.filetap.com

I make updates several times each month, so you might as well bookmark right away :p </shameless self-promotion>

JPGargoyle
05-05-2003, 09:38 AM
Wow!

This looks promissing :bounce:

I will keep an eye on your site for sure :thumbsup:

Best regards.

dani
05-05-2003, 02:15 PM
hehe!!

Now that you've announced it here you'll HAVE TO finish it :))))

I'm also writing the scenario for a team of blenderers. It should also be a HUGE team movie project.

oups, now I must finish this one :)))) or someone will kick my @$$

hehe!
Good luck
Dani

JamesMK
05-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Thanks, JP, there's some cool python stuff coming up next... Stay tuned.

Dani, you're right =) Dang! No, seriously, I was already 100% sure of finishing it anyways... Planned release date: may 2004

JPGargoyle
05-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by JamesMK
Thanks, JP, there's some cool python stuff coming up next... Stay tuned.

You bet I will! :bounce:

Best regards.

JamesMK
05-05-2003, 03:19 PM
He he... You like that little squishy-bouncy smile thingy, don't ya? :bounce: :)

JPGargoyle
05-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Yup!

WAY C:bounce::bounce:L! ;)

Best regards.

JamesMK
05-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Just added some stuff about using Python for postprocessing... Link in signature------->

dani
05-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Hi Jamesk!

it's good to see you're busy with your project!

I started surfing through your site and it has already some interesting content tips/tricks

And you're everything at a time? coder/director/animator/...
???

Crazy!

Now I downloaded 47Meg OOm on a 56k I feel that nothing will stop me from downloading more movies!

Ciao
Dani

JamesMK
05-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by dani
- - - And you're everything at a time? - - -

Well, not entirely... I did manage to persuade my brother to do the soundrelated work, but aside from that I'm alone.

It's basically because I'm such a control-freak :)

negative9
05-29-2003, 04:23 AM
I can tell you put alot of work in your project. Great articles, and descriptions of what your doing towards your project.

Good luck with your endeavours...I'll be keeping an eye on them!

//negative9//

JamesMK
05-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Thanks a lot, negative9! Good to know that there are people - outside my own head - that appreciate this stuff :)

Right now it feels like I'll be stuck in preproduction forever... The storyboard revision is about halfway done, and just looking at the amount of models and textures I've got ahead of me makes me wonder how I'm going to afford all the coffee required to finish this thing.

But I'm still fully determined to finish eXo.Entity. There are soooo many projects like this out there that simply die before completion, but I'll stick to it, no matter how long it will be before I can release it. As long as work progresses, I guess it cannot fail.

BgDM
05-29-2003, 10:04 PM
James, this is coming along nicely!

If you ever find you need some help, just let me know. I would definitely be interested.

BgDM

JamesMK
05-29-2003, 10:30 PM
I appreciate that, BgDM, will keep that in mind for sure!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.