PDA

View Full Version : de selecting

Scarabrae
03-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi

Working my way through online docs and some of Joe's tutorials...but how do I deselect the control I have selected? i.e. in lightwave clicking onto grey part of side menu bar etc.

See imagehttp://www.btinternet.com/%7Epeter_paterson/Messiah/messiah_pete_001.jpg

kursad_pileksuz
03-02-2008, 06:27 PM
There is no deselection in Messiah. It is not a bug or lack of feature. It is the way Messiah works. You can disable the handle by pressing esc in 3d view.

borisgoreta2000
03-02-2008, 06:35 PM
You always got to have something selected but you can press esc key to hide the gizmo.

Ooops, I'm a slow writer. :)

Scarabrae
03-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Kursad, Boris...thanks.

My Fault
03-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Something is always selected in messiah, but you can create an armature with AP_ComputeExpression and add the expression "DeselectAllObjs()" (remove the "'s) and it will deselect everything that you have selected and select whatever is first in your item list. So for instance you can create a null that is offscreen and if that is first in your item list, when you click the armature it will deselect everything and select that offscreen null.

You can also make that a hotkey. Just go in to Customize=>KeyCommandManager dropdown and add a new command. I added one under the class Command, named it DeselectAll and then added DeselectAllObjs() as the command. Then you can assign a hotkey for it.

kursad_pileksuz
03-02-2008, 07:07 PM
there is also a new command under keycommand manager for disabling edit sphere (new in v3) that works way better than "esc" called manipulator draw(toggle)

Scarabrae
03-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the info on keycommand manager, guys.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2008, 07:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.