PDA

View Full Version : Visual cues for point light

McNistor
03-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Salut XSI lovers!

Wouldn't be great if we have some visual cues on point lights for start and end falloff (attenuation) in the next version(s) of XSI?

I know you can achieve this by linking to these values 2 spheres radius and set them to wireframe, but it would be so much nicer if we can have that by default like spot lights.

I mean a new comer to XSI is very unlikely to know this work-around and it would spare us (older users) to do a few more steps, also.
Just an idea.

tc
03-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Yes it would be great.
Did you sent this feature request to the Softimage support??

tuna
03-04-2008, 03:35 AM
I know you can achieve this by linking to these values 2 spheres radius and set them to wireframe, but it would be so much nicer if we can have that by default like spot lights.

I mean a new comer to XSI is very unlikely to know this work-around and it would spare us (older users) to do a few more steps, also.
Just an idea.

Until there's a better solution, you can always build this light rig with spheres linked to the attentuation values and copy what the script editor spits out and save the commands in a button. It'll save you the extra steps in the future :)

tc
03-04-2008, 03:47 AM
and you could share this button with other people too :P

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2008, 03:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.