PDA

View Full Version : My photoshop layers aren't working properly - or they look wierd

RafiS
03-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I've been working on this new file in Photoshop and I've been having some problems with the layers....I've never had that before. Its like the channels or something and I don't know how to make it work. Its not that I can't work on the file, but its almost like the layers have their own channels or something.

I've attatched some images to explain what I mean cus I can't explain it. The images are all rendered from Maya....I rendered them with black backgrounds and saved them as photoshop files.

Its just that I have to keep going into channels and selecting RGB to be able to edit anything properly and the little lock on the layer has a different colour.

Any help would be great.

mykhel
03-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Why do you have quick mask on? It looks like you may have the whole canvas selected. Turn it off, other wise every time you switch layers it will get wierd. HIt "Q" and see what happens.

RafiS
03-02-2008, 02:40 AM
Hey, thanks so much, that worked really well. I just pressed Q and after pressing Q, all the layers were like they were supposed to be.

Thanks.

mykhel
03-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Glad to help.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2008, 02:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.