PDA

View Full Version : MayaPluginWizard - API

Matte
03-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Hey all,

Just recently started to have a look at writing plugins for maya using the api. Everything seems to work fine accept for the MayaPluginWizard. After unzipped the files to their proper location, as described in the text document, when i select MayaProject in the wizard dialoge, using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003, press ok, and all i get is a blank window with no settable settings in sight? If i close that same window (the only thing i can do), using the topright window x, i get a message that the file cannot be found in the specified location. However if i go to that exact location manually the default.htm open just fine in ie/firefox, for example!? Anyone heard of this problem?

I did do a search and found a couple of other problems that people have had with the wizard, but none that seem to match my. Anyone knows what is going on?

Obviously one can just use one of the example projects that is shipped with maya as a template and add/remove what you need and compile for you own usage, but a bit of editing has to be made to the the solutionsfiles doing it this way, so the MayaPluginWizard way would be preferable.

/Matte

sirpalee
03-03-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure, but which version of visual studio are you using? .net 2003 is 7.0 or 7.1?

Can't you try it with 2005, or 2008?

Robert Bateman
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
The easiest way is to not use the plug-in wizard (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=89&t=528981)

Matte
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Haha, at the end it turned out to be just a simple directory error anyway.

(Note to self: Try to do these things when you are rested and NOT exhausted:))

Robert Bateman: Thanks for the info on how to set it up in a more manually way though. Things like that always come in handy at some point.

/Matte

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.