PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Morph

Douglask
05-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey guys, is there a way to draw points to create a bezier curve that (when manipulated) will morph/manipulate the surrounding area?

Cheers!

singularity2006
05-04-2003, 09:24 PM
the closest thing I can think of @ the moment is to create a new layer, draw the bezier using the pen tool and then use the magic wand to select it, then u can work on your other layer with that selection. I'm not exactly sure if u can do bezier selections like that in photoshop. I usually do a lot of workarounds like that for selections and other stuff.... masking, just create a new layer... etc etc etc.

gmask
05-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Douglask
Hey guys, is there a way to draw points to create a bezier curve that (when manipulated) will morph/manipulate the surrounding area?

Cheers!

There used to be a plugin that worked sort of like the Reshape plugin for AE but I can't recall it's name.. It has been years siunce I used it and it was buggy back then. Of course if you have AE you could just do this in AE and then import it into PS.

Douglask
05-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Thanks Guys!

theGuest
05-04-2003, 11:44 PM
It should also be noted for clarity too that the specific effect/procedure you described is not possible at all with Photoshop. A vector app such as AI or XaraX or CorelDraw can do 'part' of that type of effect. But not exactly as you described.

The Liquify tool is the closest thing PS has to the effect/procedure you've described. Try that out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.