PDA

View Full Version : Saving Image maps from Messiah.. Please

lanosrep1
02-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I am happy to see some additional functionality in the Image Manager and in the Texture panel of the Texture map shader..( Deselect Image.. etc) those are great additions.

What I would really like is to be able do is to save images from these panels as well..

I really like being able to save a project file (.mpj) to bring with me wherever I am working.. nice and compact without worrying about Project directories...but without the ability to save image maps from Messiah.. using .mpj files is limited.

Say for instance I bring "myfile.mpj" which contains my images used for deformation.. etc..

If I want to continue working on the deformations in ZBrush.. I need the image files.. Which means if I don't also have the content directories.. the .mpj is not useful.

Also.. if someone provides and project file and you want to dissect and or reuse the images in the file.. not able to.. easily. I suppose you could render the image as a background image.. to a file.. but that should not be necessary.. IMHO..

Please, can we have this soon??

G..

sadicus
03-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Reminds me of Tarons' cool Neckling file. but It had all the maps embeded in the scene file, with no way to actualy access the files. I don't know how he did it. Programer magic. :)

I am also curious about this.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2008, 05:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.