PDA

View Full Version : "Furball" (short film) WIP Animation

paul-baaske
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Hi everybody!
Two friends and me are currently producing a shortfilm about two cats (father and son) which will be finished by July this year. I will post our progress here from time to time, so be prepared!

For now I have finished the rig and did a first test animation with the father-cat, quite a poser...

Tell me what you think!
The father the poser (http://furball.multimediaart.at/fb_shp_Vater_Fall_pb_07.mov)

Dowayne
02-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I really like the motion of the father cat falling however i have a couple of crits about the animation.

when he is in mid air in the beginning, about to fall, it seems as if he's going the opposite way instead of the way he fall.

you should off set the legs a bit before landing as well see how that looks for his motion.

the weight is believable however to make it much more believable you can add a bit more bounce to his body when he lands.

I really would love to see progress on this project.

Phredrek
02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
waaaaay too stiff in the air. the cat looks like a statue when it's in the air, Dowayne is right that you should had some secondary action.

watch those front feet slidding

CGTalk Moderation
02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.