PDA

View Full Version : Ellipse tool errors

Solve
05-04-2003, 10:14 AM
When i use the ellispe tool (the tool that creates circles rectangles ect)

I can't edit it. Example: When I create a circle and try to draw something in the circle photoshop gives me an error messege.

Is there a way to bypass this?

theGuest
05-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Hiya!

Well there could be several reasons for this scenario my friend. Check that your document is in RGB Mode (Image/Mode/RGB).
Check that the layer transparency is not "locked" (checkbox at top left of layers palette).

Check that you have the current layer "Active" -- by clicking on it in the layers palette.

Make sure the layer is set to be "Visible" -- the small 'eye' icon should be visible to the left of the layer you're working on.

Those will be the most common reasons.
See if either of those helps. :bounce:

VestanPance
05-04-2003, 04:16 PM
Those are some great tips. But if none of those work tell us what the error message said. That will let us know exactly PS is having problems with.

singularity2006
05-04-2003, 05:55 PM
agreed. Another problem might be that ur accidently working on a text layer that has not been rendered into a regular layer.

Solve
05-04-2003, 06:42 PM
i did what you said but i still get the error.

he is what is says when i try to brush somethink in the circle.

"Could not use the brush tool because the content of the layer is not directly editable"

i'm not a photoshop pro so i don't know what that means. :thumbsdow

VestanPance
05-04-2003, 08:58 PM
I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are not using the Marque tool but the Vector Shapes instead. Try hitting the letter "M" on your keyboard and notice the tool selection in the tool panel. Now make sure that it is a circle shape. You can paint a marque selection but not a vecor one.

theGuest
05-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Aaah ok then... ya, VestanPance is exactly correct. You've definately used the Vector Shape elipse tool, and not the actual Elipse Marquee selection tool.

Just do what VestanPance suggested and you'll be fine.

And to learn specifically what can and cannot be done to Vector Shape layers, consult the HELP! files. It's all in there.

Solve
05-04-2003, 11:53 PM
ahh, i have it now!

thanks for the help guys!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.