PDA

View Full Version : Modelling of spiralled tape

csprance
02-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Now I've been trying to figure out how I can solve this problem quickly and easily and so far I haven't been able to come up with anything that doesn't take hundreds upon hundreds of cuts to make it look realistic. Basically what I am doing is creating a baseball bat which is fine and super easy but now I can not figure out how to go about with the spiraling of the tape that would go around the handle of the bat. because tape is layerd ontop of each other in a somewhat eratic way i can't seem to figure out how to do that? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated because it doesn't seem like you would go about doing it the same way you would create say for example a machine screw because one edge is raised and the other is covered up.

Thanks in advance
Chris Sprance

musashidan
03-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Now this is just an idea i'm throwing out there........i've only been using Modo for about a week.This should be a fast,easy and accurate way to do it.
You could use the pen tool and constrain to background(bat)
Create the tape poly by poly,tweak and apply the thicken tool.

jorust
03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi csprance. Check out video #4 - Curve_2 - http://homepage.mac.com/janoverust/FileSharing26.html

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2008, 07:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.