PDA

View Full Version : Error Loading Plugin Through Network Render On Linux

mercuito
02-29-2008, 03:38 AM
I am having a bit of trouble rendering a scene containing a custom plugin through muster. I am running linux, Fedora 7 64bit, and when i open maya and load the plugin its fine, and I can render fine with it, and i can also render via the terminal.

However, when it comes to distributing the scene through muster, I get this response:

[MUSTER]Spawning process /usr/autodesk/maya8.5-x64/bin/Render inside /usr/autodesk/maya8.5-x64/bin using the following command line flags:
[MUSTER]-r file -proj /mnt/Projects/TheFlood/Maya -rd "/mnt/Projects/TheFlood/R&D/linuxRender" -s 1.000 -e 1.000 -b 1.000 -rfs 1 -rfb 1 -cam persp -fnc 3 /mnt/Projects/TheFlood/R&D/linuxRender/test.mb

Starting "/usr/autodesk/maya8.5-x64/bin/maya"

Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : /usr/autodesk/maya8.5-x64/bin/plug-ins/CFScatter.so
/usr/autodesk/maya8.5-x64/bin/plug-ins/CFScatter.so: undefined symbol: _ZN22MPxDragAndDropBehavior17connectAttrToAttrER5MPlugS1_b
Error: line 1: /usr/autodesk/maya8.5-x64/bin/plug-ins/CFScatter.so: undefined symbol: _ZN22MPxDragAndDropBehavior17connectAttrToAttrER5MPlugS1_b
Error: line 1: /usr/autodesk/maya8.5-x64/bin/plug-ins/CFScatter.so: undefined symbol: _ZN22MPxDragAndDropBehavior17connectAttrToAttrER5MPlugS1_b (CFScatter)
Warning: line 1: Unrecognized node type for node 'CFScatter1'; preserving node information during this session.

Again, when i use musters exact flags manually in the commandline it renders just fine.

Any help would be great, I cant figure out whats going on?

Could be some type of permissions thing or something to do with the muster daemon and root user, but i got no idea?

Robert Bateman
02-29-2008, 10:43 AM
ooh. That's a bit nasty. I think the problem is that the plugin is written using MPxDragAndDropBehavior, which defines the behaviour of a node when you drag it onto another one in the hypergraph. Since your rendering, maya is obviously not loading OpenMayaUI, and so it can't link to it. erm, if you have the source for the plugin available, i'd say do a seperate plugin build with your MPxDragAndDropBehavior derived class #defined out.

CGTalk Moderation
02-29-2008, 10:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.