PDA

View Full Version : The Last Wonder World of Humankind

Starno
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1204224592/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1204224592/1024bound)The Last Wonder World of Humankind it's a vision of how human can destruct by themselves the place where they live for the sake of profit.

You can see in this image, an imaginary version of the biggest construction in the world, the Chinese nuclear power reactor Qinshan IX. This scenario is inspired by the global warming issue and also by the very fast rising economy of certain Asian countries such as China. People mostly agrees that something needs to be done about global warming and climate change. However, most people does'nt seems to do something really significant in their live even if the situation is urgent.

I would like to do a contribution to any serious group, organism, company related to environment who want to use this image. I can send this image (a high-resolution for any sort of prints or web) for free, as long as it is use for environment purposes.

I worked around 8 hours to achieve this image, using only Photoshop and a "degrainer" software. I used only one photo to start this artwork that I shot when I was in China in November 2007. The main idea was to show an horrible and destructive human construction into a divine sky and beautiful saturated atmosphere to increase the idea of opposition in the same image.

Frederic St-Arnaud
www.starno.net

remnantstudios
02-28-2008, 06:39 PM
People don't agree about climage change.

MDN67
02-29-2008, 08:01 AM
A very beautiful image and a basic idea with which, I think, everybody agrees, except can be the financiers.
The atmosphere is extraordinary and the study of the light very beautiful , a single criticism, I do not manage to define that can be this sort of ghost image which we see in foreground, with the bluish light and the halo which cuts itself clear , except it there is nothing to say about the very beautiful work as usual
Being a Canadian you understand perhaps French I thus make you the criticism translated into French because my English is really rotted.

Une bien belle image et une idée de base avec laquelle, je pense, tout le monde est d'accord, sauf peut être les financiers.
L'ambiance est extraordinaire et l'étude de la lumière très belle, une seule critique, je n'arrive pas à définir ce que peut être cet espèce d'image fantôme que l'on voit en premier plan, avec la lumière bleutée et le halo qui se coupe net, en dehors de cela il n'y a rien à dire du très beau travail comme d'habitude

edit: By looking at it twice I have the impression that it is about a character who is held head but I am not sure
en y regardant à deux fois j'ai l'impression qu'il s'agit d'un personnage qui se tient le tête mais je ne suis pas sur

Starno
02-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi MDN67 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=128262),

The sort of ghost silhouette of a character with the very bright blueish light is actually the reflection in the window of the photographer with his camera flash open, you can also see in the top left corner and at the bottom, some part of the building structure where this photo has been taken.

Obviously, it should take some time to see all these details and realize by yourself the idea of this image, but this was my intention.

Of course, this is all fake, but this is the idea. Maybe the reflection of the photographer should be more evident. Thanks for your comment Laurent.

Frederic St-Arnaud
www.starno.net

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Salut MDN67,

Cette sorte de silouette fantome de personnage avec ce gros flash bleuté est en fait, la propre reflection du photographe qui a pris cette photo. La lumiere bleue représente le flash de l'appareil. On peut aussi apercevoir dans le coin en haut a gauche et dans le bas de l'image, certain morceaux de la structure de l'édifice dans lequel la photo a été prise.

Evidemment, cela prends quand meme un certain temps pour que l'oeil trouve chacun des indices pour en arriver a cette conclusion, mais tel était mon idée en créant cette image.

Peut-etre que j'aurais avantage a intensifier la reflection du personnage, cependant, on cela rends la lecture du paysage plus difficile, c'est un compromis a faire!

Merci pour tes commentaires Laurent.

Frederic St-Arnaud
www.starno.net

Rockhoppermedia
03-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Love the colour palette and the shapes, I was wondering when you were going to enter

rich

tres bien!

Starno
03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks Rich for your comment.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by: "I was wondering when you were going to enter" ...enter what? enter where? Did I miss something maybe? I'm just curious.

Thanks

Frederic St-Arnaud
www.starno.net

horheCG
03-05-2008, 02:17 AM
...enter the competition i presume :)

Nice image a bit dark but then high contrast is what determines and specifies great images and photorealistic at that.

Starno
03-05-2008, 01:30 PM
oupsss.................

This mean that I'm not already in the competition???
How can it be possible?

I submited my image here: http://events.cgsociety.org/NVArt/02/
And I saw all the rules and everything. I though I was already in the competition.

Does someone can help me about that?
What did I miss?

thank you

Rockhoppermedia
03-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Relax frederic, you are in the competition. I meant as a admirer of your work that I knew this compettion is your cup of tea, i was waiting to see you enter.

I do like the first person perspective of the photographers reflection, looked at all the other images and they all feel devoid of humanity. But yours has a human connection. My painting is not yet finished yet but I will let you know when it is posted,

Rich

Rockhoppermedia
03-07-2008, 12:14 PM
I have put my attempt in, wish i had did not have to finish this early but work is work.

Cheers

Rich

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2008, 12:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.