PDA

View Full Version : Jump Down

Robski
02-28-2008, 11:35 AM
this is a jump down cycle i am about to finish and i will be posting a few more cycles soon....Positive Feeback Please..THanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhCi-rF7X9k

lewistaylor
02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
There are a few things that are off here. I would for sure be
filming this if you can.

Legs should be tucked up more into the body.
Back should arch more.
On landing, the hip,torso,head should not be rotating
all the same time. Shift the keys for torso a frame forward.
Shift head keys forward say two frames.

This will aid in the snapping forward shock of landing.
Also, the arms seem to come down at the same time as
the feet touch the ground. Arms should be swinging down
say a couple of frames later.

Hold the landing position five frames more, and make the
rising up a slower to show the jump was a kinda big deal.

I would also land with the spine more vertical, yours seems
too far forward.

Hope this helps dude.

Robski
02-28-2008, 09:39 PM
THanks for the feedback, I made some adjustments let me know what you think of it now...and its funny you mention the video recording because that was the first thing i did..

Anyways thanks.Keep the Positive comments coming!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znd3ekhsQoY

aesir
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
This is your biggest issue right now.

Look at the curves for the motion of the body/hips/center of mass. They are wrong somewhere, I can tell by looking at it. Make sure that the character is moving forward at a constant rate. Make sure the character accerlates at an even rate as he decends. Check everything.

Robski
02-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I checked the curves for hips, the feet, and the spine and they all seem to be moving at a constant rate forward as well as down...I tweaked them a little based on what aesir mentioned...I will make another pass though on the curves, but besides that what else do you see needs attention....

Thanks again...keep it coming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiyytCD4R-E

aesir
02-29-2008, 01:17 AM
You dont want it to be constant going down. You want it to accerate. I also think he needs a bit more hang time before he starts falling. As it is, he just starts dropping too fast. He needs to start dropping really slow and then quickly speed up. I dont think he's accerating on the way down fast enough. I think you could also leave the jumping leg straight a little while longer, and then bend it so that the foot trails behind him as a kind of secondary motion. I think the hang time is your biggest problem right now though.

Davethewave711
02-29-2008, 01:39 AM
hello
looks alot better now...
few comments
i would have the head overlap and stay down a couple frames behind the torso and make the bottom of the torso moves first and then up...so make sure that the head basically comes up last...i would also have the body overshoot and then have the body relax into the pose

second thing about the end is the right arm comes forward and should instead continue back and the forearm should be moved back and relax there instead of coming foward...anyways just my opinion it feels stiff there...

thanks for your time

dave

Gopher the Gold (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=153&t=600448)

Tollman
02-29-2008, 08:20 AM
you should do something about tha curves while he is in the air, it seems like he has an accelerating force downwards in the apex of his jump. also there is a tick when he is rising up after he lands.

so a smooth movement in the air, where you cannot control your acceleration, if it isn't meant to be a toony jump..

rstratton
03-03-2008, 08:54 PM
He has a weird forward momentum when he jumps off the first step and you have some weird back and forth movement in the chest when he is jumping up. This forward momentum would probably be fixed if you improve the arch of his jump. He also appears to be very light and hangs way to long in the air. As was said before you don't don't want your keys at a constant rate. Whether you are going for cartoony or not it will look more correct if he takes off quicker, hangs a little in the air, and then come down harder and faster. Also if you take your keys now and compress them all down it will have a better feel right now your timing is to slow with what you have, speed it all up. Also if you pushed your poses more it will improve your animation. You need the counter poses, when he is bent over before the jump you could pull him down more, then his pose when he is in the air should have the chest back because when you jump you throw your chest/upper body up to help pull you up in the air.

Also if there is any way you could put a quicktime of your animation up it would be easier to critique since you can step through frame by frame with quictime.

Robski
03-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Randy- thanks for the feedback...im going to take what you said and apply it to another jump im working on now....should have it posted soon i hope, trying to reach a deadline for submission

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2008, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.