PDA

View Full Version : Death Animation

Robski
02-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Ok im back finally!! took some time been real busy...but this is one of a few cycles i am working on at the moment.....Positive Feedback welcome..Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0J6rF8fQm8

Davethewave711
02-28-2008, 05:51 AM
this is looking pretty nice...
few comments...the beginning is a bit swimmy...there should more of a quick turn...
the left arm at the end hits the ground and then flies back wards....the arm would not do this...so i propose that you either have the arm fly backwards or like you have it but not go forward and hit the ground like it is...or have the arm stay on the ground and not rotate backwards...

very nice.
dave

Robski
03-04-2008, 09:22 AM
well i scraped the 3D max version, ((but i left it up so you can see the difference)) of this and re animated it in maya..made a few adjustments, but its still a W.I.P, I plan to tweak the gun drop as well as the head jerk/timing..But let me know what you think...THanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heFC-_a_9Ns

thehive
03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
the last animaiton is good but need to push him back abit its too staionary

Anil-Kapoor
03-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi Robert,
Good work . there are few areas that u could improve further. i feel his lift off and falling back after the hit can be improved. his take off is a bit slow going up. somehow the legs and the pelvis/torso are not working as ONE single body. i am getting the feeling that something his pushing his pelvis up from the hips (somekind of external force). he kinda starts lifting up a bit and then there is a very tiny slowmove (which breaks his liftup action )and then he goes further up and falls back. basically the lift up and fall is not feeling like a single smooth arc motion. there seems to something breaking this flow of action. let me know if i am a bit unclear and getting this points across.
keep up the good work. some more refining and it will looks great.

rgds
Anil

Robski
04-10-2008, 01:58 AM
ok guys and gals....after some more time and all the great feedback... I am about done with this cycle....but yet again if you see anything else that needs tweaking let me know...Thanks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRl6GwKEIQ

Riivan
04-10-2008, 10:32 PM
It's looking good, but I have a few questions. Where exactly is this blast? Is it a grenade at his feet or is he being shot?

The arc seems disjointed between the rise and the fall, it's not really smooth. That might be the youtubeness, but maybe smooth that arc out. From the intial launch it seems like he should be landing on his upper back/shoulder blades. If there is a blast from the ground I would have him hunch over more, really exagerate the arc of the back. For a blast like that his pelvis will lead and the rest will follow. I hope that makes sense, I can draw it out better than I can explain it.

Thumbnail it up and get the key poses set.

Robski
04-11-2008, 02:59 AM
well to answer your question..I had intended for it to be a head shot/upper body hit and just pushed the hit...you know over exagerated it.....

Thanks for the input and will continue to work at it...Feel free to send those tumbs, the more help the better...Thanks

Robski
04-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Riivan- Hey took what you said and started to incorporate it....Its getting there..Thanks man....A couple more passes and it should be done unless anyone sees anything else...

Keep sending those comments, Thanks to everyone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78eDpTpnB80

azozel
04-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Set up a video camera, Stand on the foot of your bed or a chair at the foot of your bed and reenact the scene and study your self to see what your missing. Your so close.

It's looking great.

Robski
07-30-2008, 08:27 AM
well its been a few months..been busy with a lot of work but i think i finally got this one down...let me know what you guys think...Ill be posting more as time allows..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmruwDlP50M

andrewmartin
07-30-2008, 01:07 PM
It's come a long way since the first post!

It's looking really good. The thing that stands out most to me in this latest one are the legs. I feel like he kicks them up in the air too much, for no real reason... You could probably take that down a notch.

earchild
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
the legs are the thing that sticks out the most for me, too, especially the left leg, it kicks up too high. Both legs also seem to fall too slowly, but only by a little bit. It's really close, keep up the good work!

DigitalBlaspheme
07-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Depending on what sniper rifle is being used the legs can be seen as 1 of two things: Over done...you've made them kick up to high. Under done....are you serious? A .50 Cal can very well cause you to kick yourself in the head after getting hit there......if your head is still there when your toes reach it.

I think it looks great for a game, or a more cartoony animation. But if your going for realism, unless this is a high powered sniper rifle, the legs wouldn't really do much as most sniper rifles wouldn't knock you back like that hard. Judging from the angle, with a decent sniper rifle from a distance, you'd only stager (sp?) back a bit after being hit but your legs really wouldn't lift up at all, you'd just slump in the direction the bullet was heading unless you hit somethign else on the way down. If you've ever seen someone faint while standing up, well then you've got a real good example of what it looks like, first the upper body moves (in the direction of the bullet) and then the legs buckle (cause your dead lol), and your body pulls the legs the direction your torso was falling. Once you're dead wieght, the only thing that moves on its own (besides the area you got hit in) is your center of gravity, everything else is pulled along for the ride.

Robski
10-08-2008, 04:57 AM
Ok its been a while been busy with other projects...Finally got a chance to take all the feedback and tweak based on what you guys said (mainly the legs).....check it out...thanks for the input as always

In few months i plan to upload more skits and a demo reel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvxe07PXd90

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2008, 04:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.