PDA

View Full Version : Background Scene Objects

Kaiser_Sose
05-03-2003, 10:14 PM
ma is an animation tool so something is un clear in how it works with all scene objects you want to be rendered in LW

For example, I have a character in a hallway, he opens up the door to the room, enters it, climbs onto the desk ... how do I animate this without seeing my LW scene

How do you go about dealing with this

JoeCosman
05-04-2003, 03:09 AM
its pretty simple, really.

any object your character interacts with in LW, gets linked to messiah. It then shows up in the messiah interface, and when you animate these objects, the motion goes back to lightwave.

the type of deformation applied in lightwave depends on what you need to do in Messiah.

if the object distorts(bones), then you should use Messiah:displace located in the Objects displacement tab in LW.

if the object just translates and rotates, then use the Messiah:xform modifier located in the Motion options for that item.

it's ideal to have props in your messiah scene that match up to the Lightwave scene, such as the desk.

you can import the LWS into Messiah and use it to line up your characters actions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.