PDA

View Full Version : Problem when orient constraining

D-e-W
02-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Hey everyone!

I have a feeling this isnt to big of a problem but I just wanted to ask to make sure.
I am following the great Character Setup tutorial by Digital Tutors and making my first humanoid rig.

And I get this warning:
select -cl ;

select -r nurbsCircle1 ;

select -tgl leftElbow ;

orientConstraint -offset 0 0 0 -weight 1;

// Warning: Cycle on 'leftElbow.parentInverseMatrix[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

// leftElbow_orientConstraint1 //

// Warning: Cycle on 'leftElbow_orientConstraint1.constraintRotateX' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

// Warning: Cycle on 'leftElbow.parentInverseMatrix[0]' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //

select -cl ;

This happens when I orient constrain a FK control to my elbow joint.

Could it be a problem and does anybody know why it happens?

Thanx!

Boucha
02-27-2008, 03:49 AM
It could be that you hav already parent constraint or orient constraint or parented the controller to the joint chain or some other controllers which could be its parent...so the problem is the controller wants to orient the joint but vice a versa the joint also is controlling the orientaion of the controller or its parent...so there is the problem...try checking out these procedures....

Good luck....

D-e-W
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Ahaaaa okey!

Well ive been testing it out and looking in at the connections and it seems to be working fine anyway.

But if it flips out on me I now know what might be wrong! :) Big thanx friend!

martin

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.