PDA

View Full Version : more particle flow questions!

Debneyink
02-26-2008, 09:20 PM
So i have a word made out of planes i want these planes to fly away as though in a swarm then come back and reform only this time its a different word i then want to repeat this twice...

any advice would be appreciated!

BrandonD
02-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Position Object places the particles on geometry. Then Find Target can send them out somewhere and using an Age Test and another Find Target you can send them to another object.

Debneyink
02-27-2008, 09:56 AM
thanks for that,

problem is im trying to get them to land there gradually as though birds landing on the word 'tree' and id like the particles to spread out kind of as though each square was choosing a spot to land. At the moment they all rush to one point of the word: 'R',
And the other letters form also as though the particles were invisible before but have now appeared. hope that makes sense!

thanks

Glacierise
02-27-2008, 11:10 AM
There is a tut by Allan McKay that shows that. What you do is place the particles on an object, use a script to write their coords in the vector channel, then fly them 'round and use the find target 'by vector' option to land them precisely where they were initially. I don't know which one was the tut, check them out all - good learning anyways: http://allanmckay.com

Debneyink
02-27-2008, 11:30 AM
ive had a look and it appears trhat if i break up all the letters into individuals then seperate them via a split amount ending with a postion object as well as a find target for each one this does the job?

possibly an easier way but i guess it doesn't hurt to to do it the hard way!

Glacierise
02-27-2008, 12:28 PM
You have no idea how complex these flows become :)

Debneyink
02-27-2008, 12:56 PM
your right!!

I've been keen for a long time to get a look at pflow and as im doing this the more it becomes apparent why i avoided it for sooo long! but it is working! im achieving the look i wanted but am keen to delve deeper in the script side and operator side of it all.

www.chrisdebney.com (http://www.chrisdebney.com)

Glacierise
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Of course it's cool - these hundreds of pages pflow topic and the dedicated sub-forum are there for a reason :D

Hey, you did this Foo Fighters video? I enjoyed it a lot when it came out, congrats ;)

Debneyink
02-27-2008, 01:50 PM
cheers man yeah was a task took four weeks, pretty much on my own!

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2008, 01:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.