PDA

View Full Version : how to set xsi to use all the cpu´s?

pelos
02-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi guys, my boss set the computers with XSI,
they have 4 cores each one.
but when i am rendering i just see 1 box of render, i read on the manual about the types of licenes. but i didnt understand how to set xsi to use all the cpu of the compter.
how can i set this?

thanks guys.

JDex
02-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Open the task manager and see how many of the cores are being used. Generally I have only ever seen one bucket in XSI, even though all cores are contributing to the bucket...

I have seen a weird occurrence or two where I have seen more than one, but have never been able to figure out if it was just some kind of video lag, or what-not.

pelos
02-26-2008, 03:16 PM
jdex, thans for the advice,
one of the guys (he use to work with us, but he found other place to go)
he set his machine to use all, and you can see the diference when his machine render and when the rest of the team render.

pelos
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
done it.
i just need to set the option wile setuing up xsi.
( got the cds and reinstall every thing.)

thanks.

leon!
02-26-2008, 08:00 PM
you can see all the buckets when rendering, not just one ? How did you do that :)

zukezuko
02-28-2008, 10:10 AM
task manages can show u which cores are beeing used, also he provides a great help
u can for example render on 2 cores and work on the other 2, that way the render wont interfere in your work. That can be done by right clicking your xsi process in task manager processes and "set Affinity" to the desired cores, rock on!

pelos
02-28-2008, 06:36 PM
COOL, i didnt know that.
that is a great tip =)
thanks guys

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2008, 06:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.