PDA

View Full Version : 3d/animation school in spain or in buenos aires

tonymontana
02-26-2008, 12:20 PM
hello!

does anybody knows if in spain (barcelona, madrid) or in buenos aires (argentina) exists a good 3d / animation school, like the school in vancouver or something like that? in spain a saw a school: pepes school (or something like that). this school is a little bit smaller but the quality looks good and sometimes smaller schools are better :) (congrat pepe for your little school!) ...anybody knows other schools?

thank you!

dravt
02-27-2008, 01:57 AM
http://www.imagecampus.com.ar/

I donīt know this school, but heard good things of it.

AKS9
02-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey,
I'm studying in barcelona at the moment at an animation school called 9zeros

http://www.9zeros.com/

The school basically focuses completely on animation without doing like general media audio stuff.

I've been at it since october 07 and it lasts two years. It seems pretty good so far, my biggest disappointment with it is that it is expensive and we only do 2 hours a day, so it's not very intense. The teachers said we would get lots of work, but so far it's been pretty relaxed.

The school is small, 3 groups per year and each group has around 10 students in it.

tonymontana
02-28-2008, 12:35 PM
thank you guys. the imagecampus is more a school like "we do all the multimedia stuff"...and i dont like that because they are not really specialized prof on a topic i think...dont know...perhaps im wrong.

the 9zeros is really just animating or do you learn modelling, lightning, rendering ect. too?

thanks!

AKS9
02-28-2008, 04:41 PM
In 3d class, we learnt basic modelling the first trimester, lighting and texturing the second trimester and soon when the next trimester starts we'll be rigging and doing simple animation.

The course if focused on animation but we also do other things related to it, such as photoshop for texturing and a drawing class where they teach us to draw anatomy and other things..

it doesn't go very deep however since we just do two hours a day, they teach you stuff but with the rest of your time its best to do as much practice as you can to get the most out of it.

switchblade327
02-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Daniel Martinez Lara (the guy behins Pepe School Land) is an animation badass. I would look into his school.

tonymontana
03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
yes...the animations looks very cool. what about the other things...hope the other things like modelling or rendering are good as well.

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.