PDA

View Full Version : Timetracking, time logging

CurtJ
02-26-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm having no luck searching for time tracking scripts, so thought I'd ask here - sorry if there's already an answer to this...

I'm after a script which makes a log of when a scene is opened, active/inactive, and closed. With a datestamp.

Ideally, it would be crash-aware and also log inactivity. i.e. not rely on a graceful close action, and allow me to take breaks/lunch/time off without having to close the scene.

The idea being at the end of the day, week or month I could check out the log and have a fairly accurate representation of what I've been working on.

I know I could just make notes of this, but I'm just not reliable enough to note every single stoppage or startup. :|

Is this sort of thing possible with MEL or Python? Is it a big ask? Does it already exist?
I definitely wouldn't rule out some kind of reciprocation, if it came to it. (If that sort of thing's allowed on here.)

Thanks.

Curt.

Omita
02-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Well... I am not sure if there is a better way to do this, but you can also just use the system command and get the time from your computer, throw it into a var, and do the same on exit. You might have to use a listner to find out when you are exiting and to run a similar command.

CurtJ
03-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the pointers.

My current knowledge of MEL means that I actually have no idea about how to implement this and the truth is I was hoping for someone to take me up on the reciprocation offer...

In the meantime, or until someone has the time or inclination to take me up on this, I'll have to stick to manually making notes.

Thanks again though.

butCherHeLL
03-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I think I didnt understand enough.
but

try this phyton

from time import gmtime, strftime;
strftime("%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S", gmtime());

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2008, 12:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.