PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - RedFish - Demon Invoker

RedFish
02-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi, well I finally got something I liked for a concept and started on the model (I am no concept artist so feel free to pick it apart)

http://www.redfishimagery.com/Dominance1Render.jpg

Crits and comments are welcome

d.a.m.e.
02-26-2008, 06:36 AM
Your concept looks good to me, i love the small demons inside his chest! The model is a great start so far, proportions are nice. go go go go! :)

Cyborgguineapig
02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Helmet looks a little low on the mesh version. Moving the head forward will give room for a neck and make it look less like a helmet ontop of shoulders. :thumbsup: Concept looks cool.

hakanpersson
02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
I dont like boots. I think it would cooler if he was a mage/priest kind of character with his "dress" touching the floor and covering the legs. Its hard to describe, but with legs, you kind of ruin the great sense of size hes got. At least my impression was that he is several times larger than a human. And if he has to have legs, make sure they look more deamon-alike. Knees turned the other way, or perhaps a tail that supports his balance.

Beside that, I really like the color theme, and its superb with the glowing horns in the helmet/head.

About the hole in his chest. The tattoo and the hole are both fighting for attention. I would prefer the tattoo. Like archimondes seal in warcraft 3, with highly detailed symbols that seem to have an important meaning.

Feel free to ignore on demand:) I just ranting a bit.

RedFish
02-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Hello everyone, I have done more on the model, and decided I don't like the silhouette so I have done some quick sketches over a front render, please let me know if you like them.

http://www.redfishimagery.com/DOmRender1.jpg

http://www.redfishimagery.com/ModelPaintover.jpg

Alright I could use some help here, please pick one or suggest something I am kind of stumped at this point, like I said I am no concept artist.

RedFish
02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Name: The Black PrinceRace: Demon Class: InvokerElement: Darkness/Void

Story: The origins of the artifact are as follows.

Millennia ago the system consisted of only 8 major worlds feuding constantly. The lush Elvin world remained dominant, it was said that if all it’s forces were mustered the elves could win a battle against the combined armies of any three of the other planets. Powers shifted, reigning monarchs rose and fell, but might of the elves remained largely unchecked for hundreds of years.

Truth be told 8 isolated planets with no technology should not have been able to squabble for power, but for a discovery too ancient to recall which allowed feuds to blossom and wither as each race vied for domination. Artifacts of unimaginable power governed the strength and policy of each planetary populace… Some of these artifacts shot lightning or shaped earth and stone, some changed the weather, or could be used to hurl enormous objects great distances, and some, a few, but enough, could be used to cut doorways between the worlds.

The origins of the artifacts is hazy and many legends surround them; some seem to have always been there, others it fell from the very sky… the arcane bloodstone is said to be one of the sky flowers. The bloodstone fell to the surface of the Elvin world centuries ago at the height of its power. The elves that found it were astonished at this new artifact’s capabilities. The bloodstone was powerful enough to make even the most celebrated of the famed artifacts appear as trinkets by comparison. Legend has it that the bloodstone could tear down the very sky, lay to waste entire armies, devastate cities and landscapes, and ultimately bestow upon its user a supremacy scarcely imagined before.

The elves who first discovered the bloodstone decided that they should have dominion for themselves; the wars that resulted nearly tore the Elvin world apart. When the wielders of the stone were finally brought to heal much of the Elfish home world lay in ruins. What was left of the governing counsel decided that the artifact was too powerful to be wielded except in the direst need. The artifact was hidden away in a well-protected area deep in the vast forest.

The Elves, however, could not escape the corrupting influence of the bloodstone. Hidden and secluded though it was the bloodstone’s dark power could still be felt. The landscape began to change, trees withered and died, petty squabbles amongst neighbors turned to open bloodshed and Elfish society began to disintegrate.

After reports that the guards closest to the artifact began to physically change into twisted almost demonic creatures it was determined that the mere presence of the bloodstone was at fault. The counsel voted to destroy this artifact, or failing that, remove it from the surface of the planet.

All attempts to obbliterate the bloodstone failed and the decision was made to move the artifact off world. The 8 major planets were not the only populated ones in the solar system, there were other minor sparsely peopled worlds, but they contained few artifacts and little power. One such world, Hroth, was chosen as the home for the bloodstone. A nearly barren and desolate place, Hroth was thought an ideal location to bury and forget the foulness of the bloodstone.

The elves knew first hand of the destructive might of this artifact, therefore, it was determined that the it's location should be protected at all times, less one of the other races come to possess it. A small segment of the elfish population was known as the Elder Gods, these elves were in possession of artifacts which bestowed immortality, beauty and great power on the wielders. The Elder Gods were the few among the elves who seemed to be free of the destructive influence of the bloodstone and were largely responsible for the subduing of it’s original possessors. It was the Elder Gods who were then charged with the defense of the bloodstone on the faraway planet of Hroth.

As the decades went by the elves did their best to rebuild, never quite reaching their former glory. A few attempts were made to recover the bloodstone from Hroth by other races, but the elder Gods were able defend against any attack. The fact was that the other races witnessed what destruction the bloodstone brought upon the elves and feared the artifact more then they wished to possess it.

Eventually the bloodstone worked its dark magic upon the surface of it’s new home world; the planet itself warped and changed. The sandy brown earth became obsidian black, what life there was turned twisted and cruel. The inhabitants themselves, once humanoid, were distorted into a monstrous and demonic race. It was thought by the elves that any indigenous peoples would turn on each other and die off, this did happen to an extent, but some were able to survive and even thrive in this new world of darkness.

What was more startling was that some of these creatures developed an ability to wield powers without artifacts. One of these demons was distinguished by his ability to trap and feed off the souls of his fallen enemies. This walking nightmare took a tenuous leadership over the remaining population simply by being unrivaled in power. Among those who named him this creature was known only as the black prince.

The twisted inhabitants of Hroth were drawn to the power of the bloodstone, but the Elder Gods were formidable guardians and made short work of any demons bold enough to approach the temple housing the artifact.

The elfish population was disturbed by the events on the planet but had great faith in the guardians and did were not overly concerned with the protection of the bloodstone. The elves did their best to forget the bloodstone and the tragedies it had wrought and spent their energies rebuilding and vying for power amongst a series of worlds in which they now found themselves equal to in strength. The bloodstone lay virtually forgotten by the elves for decades, right up until the day that the black prince walked into the temple, killed the Elder Gods, and claimed the artifact as his own.

Fashioning the bloodstone to a staff the black prince took full dominion over his world, a God amongst insects. Hroth became the last and some say greatest of the nine planetary powers that ruled the solar system.

And this is the back-story to my Dominance war character which explains his artifact, as part of the cgsociety team he is ready to lay waste to any metal beings arraigned against us.

Xarxys
02-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I like the bottom right one it just seems to stand out to me.

Mawk
02-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Holy backstory batman!! I dig it tho man. makes me a little bit jealous :P Is that what you did all day at work today?

Ps. I like the 4th thumbnail minus the head sketch. use the head sketch from number 2.

RedFish
03-04-2008, 05:01 AM
http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/DomRender2.jpg

http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/staffRenderwip.jpg

None of this is done yet, but I thought I would post an update

sathe
03-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Freaking awesome!, thats the coolest staff/axe i have ever seen.

grassetti
03-04-2008, 05:27 AM
great progress here man!!
love the face and horns!!

im watching this one!
CYA!

ColdKodiak
03-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Red XD

Dug your entree last year. This guy is looking pretty sweet too. Gl!

somu01
03-04-2008, 07:43 AM
wooooooooow man .. how can u work man.

madshooter
03-04-2008, 07:48 AM
OMG, this looks awesome:thumbsup::thumbsup:. Those details are cool. Nice sculpting and cool concept.
All the best and keep rocking:bounce:

Mawk
03-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Lookin pretty good man.. lots of progress since saturday.. hows the ski trip :P
You should crit my model and let me know how i can achieve your greatness@@!!@

see ya sat.

RedFish
03-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Alright I kind of redid the shoulder design, here is an updated render

http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/shoulderRenderPost.jpg

VinayKr
03-06-2008, 05:49 AM
oh god...........awesome detailing man..........cant wait to see it finished

RedFish
03-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Hey thanks for your replies, I am evolving the concept as I model, I can only hope that when it is done the whole thing will all match relatively well, having to throw out a lot as I go to make more of his armor metal.

http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/evolvingconcept.jpg

Crits and comments are Very welcome as always

thanks

Rion411
03-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Damn, this character is looking pretty frickin' awesome. Insane sculpting!

ObsidianPC
03-06-2008, 03:42 PM
He's really coming along man - nice job - how are your wrists holding up vs. the onslought?

Only crit is that his bicep looks super-mega-huge since he's not in a pose that flexes it - its bigger than his shoulder muscle!

Keep it up!

RedRepublik
03-06-2008, 04:07 PM
holy crap! i just saw this, and figured you were still going to be in concept stage. this is looking awsome. i really like the detailing you have going on. my only crit is that his overal body seems a little stiff right now, but i am sure you can tweak that in the low poly.

red

bradjames
03-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Outstanding modeling on this one. Lots of great detail. Keep it coming

igKnightingFX
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
I wish I could come up with a charachter like this. i can't wait to see the textures applied....

hakanpersson
03-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Shit!, talk about nasty character:) I almost expected you were hungry for revenge since last dw. You have improved alot.

About the proportions of the torso. His muscles are slightly more neutral in the concept, and I think the model could be better if his shoulder and neckmuscles were bit thinner, and perhaps make the waist/stomach area wider. My english isnt enough to give detaildescriptions about anatomy changes.. but in short, a little less athlete. Just a thought, it might go better with the undead theme.

QuantumPixel
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Wow that is looking pretty cool nice detail on the horns.

Shintobe
03-07-2008, 04:41 AM
This guy looks wicked!
Amazing sculpt - Keep it up

innerabove
03-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Unbelieveable! Just amazing execution on this concept.
He's terrifying!

RedFish
03-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies and feedback

http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/DomRender3post.jpg

I think I am goign to work on the proportions of his upper torso a bit, and he still needs gloves, armguard, and I think I am going to redo the boot and the helmet, going to be a while til this guy is done, thanks for all your feedback

darklion6583
03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
He is looking really good. Very impressive. I can't wait to see the textures on him.

RedFish
03-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Redid the guantlets

http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/Dom4post.jpg

DDS
03-09-2008, 08:18 AM
your character is indeed very impressive. Everything seems to flow very well and detailing is awesome. I agree though, that he looks a little stiff. You might wanna change that in the highres to have a better construction shot :)

I also think that these bumps on the skin should be sharper.

Weapon is really amazing as well!!

FrogSpear
03-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Dude super sweet model! I'm digging on those souls in the mages chest, (plus the story line is well thought out). Keep up the work, I hope the game res turns out to be just as kickass as the high res model!

ObsidianPC
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Nice, the lower body is really looking awesome!

berice
03-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Great stuff man! Cant wait to see the finished product!

Mawk
03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
pretty slick work so far andrew. cant wait to see you take all those spikes to low poly :P

Infuscos
03-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Looking great :) Will look awesome in low poly im sure :thumbsup:

kyphur
03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Wow, badass... love the little guy in the torso.

RedFish
03-12-2008, 07:50 AM
I put new placeholde boots in there ,and a new arm guard for the right arm which is also placeholder, but this is the first shot of the nearly final all together,

http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/Dom5post.jpg

I am still going to go back and mess with the upper torso in mudbox, edit the middle skull do something with the left side of the chest, and any other suggestions are welcome probably add some holes in the cape too, but might just do that with the game rez

banzato
03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Hello man, you doing a great job. :buttrock:

Infuscos
03-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Great update, got no crits here. :)

foreverendering
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey bro, looking great. Your work has been improving this last year! The detail work you sculpted around the chest cavity reads extremely well

Keep it up man, I'm rooting for ya

gerudir
03-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Hey man really nice progress , keep going.
I like very much your weapon , good stuf
cya

nikudy
03-16-2008, 10:43 PM
everything looks cool to me, except for the legs. they are too big imo. this surely is a matter of personal taste. you might go for an anime look. the details are very nice anyway :)

-claudiu

fatestaynight
03-16-2008, 10:48 PM
nice work so far looks great!:thumbsup:
DW3 page (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4983213#post4983213)

RedFish
03-17-2008, 06:39 AM
I am not entirely happy with it, but here is the high rez, running out of time, so goign to have to start on the game rez if I am goign to finish in time, but any crits are still welcome, I will touch this guy up more if I get time.

http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/dompostFinal.jpg

bradjames
03-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Seriously I want to hit you...how can you not be entirely happy with this..its mad sick man...only thing I would like to see is more detail in the chest area...more defined I guess...anyways I love it...

dmonk
03-17-2008, 03:11 PM
That's insane! I really like this, I agree with Brad the the torso could use a bit more definition, but that's a nit pick. Wonderful entry.

DMNY
03-17-2008, 06:14 PM
CGSociety is going to wreak havoc this year! I haven't seen the other teams' work but this is getting exciting!
Great work, Fish!

RedRepublik
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
nice update! i love the horns, and the asymetry of the design. looks like you are on track to finish on time

foreverendering
03-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Very nice man, great work. This is a much stronger piece than your entry last year.

RedFish
03-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Alright I did a few more tweaks to the body at bradjames suggestion and took a quick rerender, I guess this is final or close to it, I need to start on the game resolution if I am ever going to finish

http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigimages/dompostFinal2.jpg

blindsyte
03-18-2008, 07:13 AM
badass! i also love your cyborg in your gallery!

bradjames
03-18-2008, 02:54 PM
RedFish you rock man. The details you added make a difference to me. Thanks...hahah. You will be a top pick for me for sure.

TheBloodyAlien
03-18-2008, 10:11 PM
this is a $%£"@ò"£$56 modelling!!! :D

daelon
03-18-2008, 10:26 PM
really nice model, love the atrifact and the helmet!

jbrophy
03-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Everything is looking pretty good. The shaders and colors will really drive this out of the park. :)

TOLEDO
03-19-2008, 12:46 AM
kick ass design man,

In my humble opinion, a tough guy face instead the skull could work better... but it's just an opinion, that guy kick ass anyway.
:thumbsup:

elhaz
03-21-2008, 11:25 AM
this is looking super sweet. sorry i dont have any productive comment. two thumbs up :thumbsup:

tonykidd237
03-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Excellent level of detail on this badboy…

RobThornely
03-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Very nice model man. I really like the stomach hole.

NyneDown
03-22-2008, 08:53 PM
All the details make this one solid piece man....awesome work so far. Looking forward to seeing this in the top 50 for sure! ;)

fatestaynight
03-25-2008, 12:19 AM
great progress this one is really coming on great work!
DW3 page (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=4983213#post4983213)

alexrhino
03-25-2008, 09:26 AM
http://www.cgtalk.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=19270

twins or brothers? :wip:

RedFish
03-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Hey thanks for all your replies, been trying to get all this guy baked for a while here is where it is so far, crits and comments are welcome

http://www.redfishimagery.com/DomGame1Post.jpg

http://www.redfishimagery.com/DomGame1Post_Wire.jpg

Here is the real time DirectX shaded Character, I still have to do the weapon and do some cleanups on the normal map, but the game res is finally baked for the most part

Airflow
03-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Holy moly... Thats fantastic.
No crits.

Loukor
03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Wow great work dude, the lowres with normal map is looking kick ass! Cheers

TheBloodyAlien
03-28-2008, 10:02 AM
The weapon is really the best I've seen so far and also the rest is top notch; congratz for the low res mapping and good luck with the rest of your work.

bradjames
03-28-2008, 01:00 PM
I've been waiting to see how this would transfer and it looks great. With the right light and color this will kick some major butt. Keep on working

Shintobe
03-28-2008, 09:02 PM
This is turning out awesome! Very nice work.

ObsidianPC
03-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Very nice, I like!

jbrophy
03-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Lookin sweet man. Bring it home with the texturing!!

foreverendering
03-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Great work!

magia
03-29-2008, 01:48 AM
excellent work :)

RedFish
04-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Thanks for all your comments

Ok I was able to get some base textures on there, the symbols are just placeholder right now, this is running realtime, even the glow (Go hammertime fx shader!)

http://www.redfishimagery.com/texturedtest.jpg

http://www.redfishimagery.com/texturedtestback.jpg

this is running in the 3dsmax viewport with the directx shaders if anyone knows how to get max to do a large hardware render without turning the viewport sideways PLEASE let me know. Crits and comments are welcome thanks

foreverendering
04-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Whats up man, it's late over there! Guess you're pulling a late night :D

Great start on the textures, but you can definitely push them much further. I know its just base textures so I look forward to the final, polished version

bradjames
04-01-2008, 01:36 PM
RedFish: Your work is number one for me. This just keeps getting better and better. I won't comment on the texture has you mentioned its base color. Keep it up

RedFish
04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
http://www.redfishimagery.com/domtest3.gif

Just a little viewport shot

and a larger imagehttp://www.redfishimagery.com/DomRenderPostGame.jpg

roaring23
04-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Awesome work.

What shader are you using, if you don't mind my asking?

CodeVeroby
04-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow ,I initially thought it was 8000 QUAD poly's ,you really did a good job on this one ,definatly deserves number 10 mininum !

dmightyone
04-03-2008, 12:55 PM
thats amazing man! i confess i wasn't a big fan of the concept, but you executed it so well that now i love the character! great work, nothing to critic!

Hideyoshi
04-03-2008, 03:24 PM
damn, that is one badass mofo!! :twisted:

samarcbz
04-03-2008, 10:11 PM
cool stuff andrew.
just amazing
i really like the glow effects.....lookin badass..
best of luck.

Ragnar3D
04-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Amazing undead character! I like your style! character looks finished!:thumbsup:

antodonnell
04-06-2008, 12:13 AM
I really like this character design, with the high standard of the execution of it you have a strong finished piece here congrats. What size texture maps are you using !?

RedFish
04-06-2008, 02:30 AM
still working on the textures, but here is a wip shot

http://www.redfishimagery.com/domupper3.jpg
Thanks for all your replies and encouragement guys,

roaring 23 The fx shader I am using is a modified version of the GenericIBL_1-3.fx, my textures maps are 2048 antodonnell

crits and comments are still more then welcome thanks peoples

samarcbz
04-06-2008, 04:15 AM
sweet update dude!
nice work on the textures.if u can turn down the glow a lil bit on his stomach, it would be cool to see whats inside...
but seriosuly its lookin badass.

daelon
04-06-2008, 12:00 PM
wohooo! impressive! really nice work men... :applause:

The Flork
04-06-2008, 12:19 PM
awesome work man! hes supper cool. only thing id say is with all the fire, you loose the readability of the little guys in his chest :-(

Veles
04-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Good work,man!

notavailable
04-06-2008, 06:41 PM
nice work,
only crit is maybe some more work on the naked torso area, some muscle definition mayeb

banzato
04-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Good work. The artifact is very interesting. :thumbsup:

RedFish
04-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Hey guys thanks for your comments I tried to tone down the glow in the chest a bit

http://www.redfishimagery.com/dommostlydone2.jpg

crits and comments are still welcome, going to move onto the platform for now, but the textures are still probably going to be further tweaked if there is time.

ColdKodiak
04-07-2008, 02:01 AM
hawt ;)

love the decal on the robe. Very nice touch.

walrus
04-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Lovely work! I especially like the arcane and astronomical-looking designs on his cloth. My only crit would be that most of him is all the same value (and that's all a really similar value to the background you have him on.) Incorporating a bit more variation could help guide the eye a bit more and make various features pop more. As it is the artifact gem does pop but the rest is a bit more difficult to read. Your viewport gif animation (which I love seeing!) seems like it has a bit more contrast between the skin and the armor, but it gets lost in the renders.

Anyhow, just a suggestion. Nonetheless, it's a fantastic piece... Great work!

RedFish
04-07-2008, 07:34 AM
here's a gif of it rotating in the max viewport

http://www.redfishimagery.com/gifcrap.gif

hakanpersson
04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Looking very good so far.

Plenty of crits about the glow thought, its too soft and flat, it would be nice to put alot more contrast into it. Also the glow on the weapon, personally I would like to less to no glow at all, I think of it as some kind of crystal where light bounces around within, but not really glowing. For example, add much more specularity, make it highly reflective, and tone down the glow alot. That way, the result would be more of an effect from material properties.

Anyway, enough bs from me, your dude kicks mine bigtime:) Good luck!

gerudir
04-07-2008, 12:47 PM
hey man thanks for great comments , your model looks really impresive with entrys like your cgtalk will definitly win this year
great job

andy6308AAA
04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Very nice modeling, looks cool

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=234&t=604654&page=4&pp=15

RedFish
04-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi everyone thanks for your replies, I am probably going to go back and touch up the textures based on comments if I have time, but right now I am trying to figure out a pose, I started a platform then couldn't find a pose I liked for the beauty shot

http://www.redfishimagery.com/posecrap2.jpg

I could really use some help suggestions are more then welcome. Help me pick a pose, these are some that I just kind of came up with, but I think I could use some feedback/crit. Thanks

dmightyone
04-09-2008, 07:57 AM
i'd pick pose 3 and put down the camera a little bit to give him more majesty and power. looking great!!! looking foward to seeing it done!

Firerbert
04-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I agree. Go with pose 3 for the winning pose. Maybe twist his forearm a bit so that his palm is facing up in his free hand and rotate his arm out more so it is exposed. Give him the greater sense of power that he has. It would be a good idea to use the other poses in the beauty shot as a composition and either come up with some cool scenes to place him in or just use the standard render shots you have been using for the overall display in the beauty render. I mean let's face it, those renders are exactly that. Beautiful.
I hope that made some sort of sense as it was one of the longest run-on sentences known to man.

foreverendering
04-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Pose 3 ftw

Piotrek255
04-09-2008, 08:51 PM
POSE 3!!

PS: awesome textures:bounce:

RedFish
04-10-2008, 07:25 AM
http://www.redfishimagery.com/domtestbeauty.jpg

Alright, this is not final by any means, but it gets the idea accross, please feel free to crit the pose, the platform and background are just placeholder now but feedback for those is also welcome, thanks for all your input and comments

hakanpersson
04-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Unholy shit, that looks great!
I just dont like the part of the background between his leg and the pillar, where you can see the glow all the way around.

Perhaps you also could increase strength the lighting overall and give him a clearer rim, I think it could look especially nice on some areas allready lit up, like the armor parts on his upper leg.

Other than that the podium isnt finished, I could definatly accept this one as a final image.

RedFish
04-13-2008, 04:15 AM
well here is what I ended up with

http://www.redfishimagery.com/beautyshot.jpg

http://www.redfishimagery.com/WinningPose.jpg

http://www.redfishimagery.com/ConstructShot.jpghttp://www.redfishimagery.com/textureShot.jpg

The Flork
04-13-2008, 04:18 AM
I like the last pose my self! i think you really need a low angle for this guy to make him look all the more powerful!

edit: woops! i guess i wasnt on the last page hahah
looks great ! one thing though is on the second picture his horn is cut and pasted twice?

RedFish
04-13-2008, 04:35 AM
Thanks The Flork, I already submitted the image like that, how dumb can I be! anyways I changed the image here and emailed the guys at dominance, hopefully they can get it changed there it is still technically before midnight

Thanks again

DDS
04-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Badass beauty render man!! I like it so much...it's one of my favourites :applause:

Congrats on this man, its definitely gonna look cool on your portfolio :wise:

samarcbz
04-13-2008, 08:51 AM
hey andrew, awesome entry.
nice presentation too. same here man it was a great experience compiting with all u experienced guyz.
learned a lot.
best of luck for the results.

elhaz
04-13-2008, 09:02 AM
oooo this is badass!!! you got some mad skillz man. dont have much to say except good luck on getting your entry updated through them, and of course, win this damn thing!:applause:

foreverendering
04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Great work Andrew!

molynext
04-13-2008, 08:31 PM
wow. Now THAT is a bad ass demon! Amazing job - especially with the textures. Best of luck!

RedFish
04-15-2008, 06:09 AM
I know I am a keep posting these things, but I do love them so, here is a little animated viewport gif, I toned down the lighting so the details would come accross, but here it is, thanks for all your replies and support

http://www.redfishimagery.com/_gif4.gif

RedFish
04-15-2008, 06:51 AM
http://www.redfishimagery.com/bigsmallfinal2.jpg
thanks again guys

jramauri
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Fantastic entry dude! It seem this year the prize of DW will come for us :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2008, 01:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.