PDA

View Full Version : The King's Highway

remnantstudios
02-25-2008, 07:47 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1203968836/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1203968836/1024bound)"I snapped this beautiful vista image while climbing along the King's Highway in a greenhouse district. The air is freshest here, and the gravity is lighter, the higher you climb because of the rotation of the sectors. It's hard to believe this station makes a complete ring around the earth. It's a global sized electro-magnetic generator, and flips past the earth's poles. I love hiking in the oxygen recyclers."

I created this matte painting with Photoshop CS2, Vue6 Infinite, and Cinema 4d. It's a space station that is built out of rotating cylinders. The rotation supplies a symulated gravity, and helps manage the temperature differences between the sun and shadow sides of the exterior shell. Each cylinder rotates opposite from the next cylinder to increase stability, and the gyroscopic motion also maintains the equilibrium. The cylinders surround the entire earth and form a solid ring. The ring is also flipping around the earth, generating massive amounts of electromagnetic energy as it passes the earth's magnetic poles. I hope you like it.

Please share your thoughts and comments.

erorijus
03-04-2008, 06:50 PM
I like your entry. Like the lights in the scene even I guess you could work a bit on the camera setting since I needed some time to figure out what is the scene about. Averall, I like it!Keep up with good work.

remnantstudios
03-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your comments. I was afraid the scene might be a little hard to read at first glance. I actually have more elements planned, but then decided I didn't have time to pursue it farther, and now I'm glad I stopped there. Thanks again for the feedback.

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2008, 05:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.