PDA

View Full Version : Photo Manip: Me in Saving Private Ryan

Dustin_Senos
05-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Here is a image i did a few months back. I took my face from the bottom picture and superimposed it on the picture on the top left. I added dirt, stubble and some wrinkels on my forhead. This was entirely done in Photoshop 7. Please any suggestions would be great. thanks

Here is the image (http://exchange.digitalfoundry.ca/display.php?id=312&actual=yes)

iBlue
05-03-2003, 08:24 AM
HTTP1.1 STATUS 403 Remote Access to this object forbidden This file cannot be directly accessed from a remote site, but must be linked through the Brinkster Member's site.

Dustin_Senos
05-03-2003, 08:26 AM
Shiz man, 4 diff servers and no remote linking. Hopefully this will work?>

Here (http://exchange.digitalfoundry.ca/display.php?id=312&actual=yes)

suttercane
05-04-2003, 05:36 PM
looks cool, nicely done!

only part i can see that is off is where the helmet and your head meet up... it takes the illusion away. maybe try some different lighting.

cool though

ZzzZ
05-04-2003, 08:17 PM
Your forehead is to bright (you can see the sun is shining on the helmet so drops a shadow on your forehead). Also the hair is a bit weird/blurry. But nice job :)

flewp
05-05-2003, 01:26 AM
As already said, the helmet should be casting a shadow. The jaw/neck area also doesn't seem to fit the lighting.

The hair is definately weird looking, it looks like it's gelled up or fake.

The nose also looks weird where it comes up to meet the forehead. It's all dirty (almost looks like hair stubble), then the nose is smooth and almost looks kind of blurry (in terms of the shading of it)

The biggest stand out though is just the face in general. The brightness and contrast is just not there at all. Look at the nostrils and the lips, there's not enough darkness where there should be.

Dustin_Senos
05-06-2003, 01:52 AM
haha just when i thought this was finished work. People bring up all these great pointers to make it look better. This PSD is open right now, and im updating it. Im refering back to the original head that was in that helmet, for lighting pointers. A agree about the dirt on the nose, the shadow under the helmet and the hair. Ill see what i can fix. Anyone notice the canadian flag on the collar of the shirt?? that was added in, as well as the "senos 53" on the inside of the collar. Thanks for the pointers ill post an update when i feel my proggress deserves one.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.