PDA

View Full Version : Solaric Glass Anemone Structure V

sectora
02-25-2008, 06:06 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1203962759/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1203962759/1024bound)I'm sorry to upload it here but since the images that end up in the thread have to be linked to my own site and I have to scale them down, I'd rather upload the full res image here.

Taken the latest crits in account tightened it up. Broke up the God rays a bit t smaller scale and added some more to scale steps for the figure.

There's two things I am not really sure about:

- the repetition of the scales in the back ornament on the figure (looks a bit childish now I see it back...)
- the foreground spherical element (I think it needs to be a bit bigger to actually work right as a foreground element?)

Is there a way to modify the actual entered piece? That way I can keep the main entries from being 'infested' with finetunings of the illustration.

kiboSVK
02-26-2008, 12:26 PM
nice work I like this dark architecture:thumbsup:

rexzou
02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
hi guy,

my expression is too same to Stefan's.

i see ur pic time and time. when i see it, im so excited. the shape is so beautiful. ur creativity is much more moderism. i dont like the building is made by only brick or concrete.

but in my opinion, first, when i see the left part of the pic, nothing on it, only the part of the main building and the sky. as Stefan's suggestion, i think u can add some charactors or other buildings mixed with main building. that looks better than before. you can create only the same modeling and scaling, rotating the size and dupelicate. and the modeling i think it is only lower-face enough.

monks
02-28-2008, 01:00 AM
I think this version is the best, you've done a really nice work with the shape of the building, maybe the character can be more futuristic ?

Cyberone
03-02-2008, 01:30 PM
looking much better.

god rays still bug me cuase they dont seem to be in the same perspective...but it could be just me...

anywayz. looks great. cool building and its placed alot better now in the scale.

Atris
03-04-2008, 06:05 AM
I like your unusual architecture! I think this is architecture of the future, some symbiosis of bio-shapes and techno-shapes. Great idea!

dutchtilt
03-04-2008, 04:13 PM
my favorite so far!!! very very very well conceived----work on the composition a bit, get that honed it...Its much less matte-painty than the rest, more based on form and architecture...not afraid to put your concept front and center.....Congrats!

sectora
03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi Josh and Atris,

Thanks VERY much for your supportive compliments! I really appreciate this.

Albert

Master Raster
03-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Great image!
I really like the design of the building, but damn I wouldn't be the window cleaner of that building!
But I recon a futuristic building like that will have some sort of sophisticated self-cleaning device or something!
For those who don't know who the hell I am all of a sudden;
Albert is my mentor! I learned a lott from this guy. :thumbsup:
Some day I will join the contests here, so you better watch out :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2008, 02:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.