PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - Mike Kopa - Incarceration

Mike Kopa
02-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Just reserving my spot for now... I will post some concepts soon.

The idea for my character is a big fat and bulky humanoid cat-like creature that has a huge stomach. And on his stomach is a black hole-like artifact (Darkness/Void). And once he pummels you with hand to hand combat or some kind of weapon, he sucks out his enemy's souls straight into the void that is his stomach for him to feast on through eternity.

Anyways, let's get this war rollin! Good luck to everyone. :)

Klash120
02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
XP Muchs lols, and here's why~ XP
first, I like the whole black hole stomach fat cat idea you got on :D Interesting to see what you'll come up w/~

and SECOND, IT IS ON NOW! XD and you know why~
I did mention i'll be recreating Klash himself~ and Klash being a demi-human cat
creature :P And the other thang is~ Originally, he has psychic powers & tuff, and for the
war I was thinkign about void/darkness (gravity?) so... It'll be interesting seeign what
we both'll come up :D

More motivation now, that's for sure :D Let's outdo each other~

Best of luck Kopaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

-'Cisco

Mike Kopa
02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
XP Muchs lols, and here's why~ XP
first, I like the whole black hole stomach fat cat idea you got on :D Interesting to see what you'll come up w/~

and SECOND, IT IS ON NOW! XD and you know why~
I did mention i'll be recreating Klash himself~ and Klash being a demi-human cat
creature :P And the other thang is~ Originally, he has psychic powers & tuff, and for the
war I was thinkign about void/darkness (gravity?) so... It'll be interesting seeign what
we both'll come up :D

More motivation now, that's for sure :D Let's outdo each other~

Best of luck Kopaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

-'Cisco

Hey Cisco, thanks man. I'm still working on the concepts for it. Haven't exactly stumbled upon one that I'm really happy with. That's pretty sweet that you're doing a cat-like creature too. It IS on now! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with too man. This is gonna be fun... :)

Best of luck to you too, Cisco.

Mike Kopa
02-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Okay, so I've been working on this concept over the last couple days when I get a chance. Anyway I'm still toying with what the armor should look like, as well as the black hole artifact in his stomach.

Oh btw, my character is a Warlord. So far I like the idea of him using 2 single handed hammers to pulverize his enemies just before he sucks them into his void of a stomach. "Incarceration" shall be his code name.

I'm pretty new to the whole character concepting. So any suggestions and critiques are always welcome. Let me know what you guys think, please. He still needs some work. Not entirely happy with it just yet.

Anyway, without further adieu...

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t307/Koopa3d/DomWarIII_MKopa_concept1.jpg

hakanpersson
02-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Hi. Its a nice start, however I am missing more of the "tiger-theme" with the shape of the body. I dont know if you played everquest 2, but the tiger race there (which I have forgotten the name of) might be a good reference. They wore heavy armor too, and imo best looking race in the game. They have have shape of a cat, standing on two legs. At least I see cats as a noble race.

About the armor, I like the upper torso and arms. But I really dont see the point with the vortex thingy on his chest, and I cant say I like the kneeplates, they look too much like lanterns. And I hope he will have a tail! :)

Mike Kopa
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Hi. Its a nice start, however I am missing more of the "tiger-theme" with the shape of the body. I dont know if you played everquest 2, but the tiger race there (which I have forgotten the name of) might be a good reference. They wore heavy armor too, and imo best looking race in the game. They have have shape of a cat, standing on two legs. At least I see cats as a noble race.

About the armor, I like the upper torso and arms. But I really dont see the point with the vortex thingy on his chest, and I cant say I like the kneeplates, they look too much like lanterns. And I hope he will have a tail! :)

Hey hakan, thanks a lot for the suggestions. I can't say I've ever played Everquest 2 but I'll definitely look into that. And yeah, I agree... looking at it again, I don't like the kneeplates really at all lol. And yes, he will have a tail! I guess I forgot it while trying to work on all the armor. As for the vortex thingy on his chest... that's his "Darkness/Void" artifact. It acts like a black hole after he pummels his enemies. At least that's the idea so far... that idea might change, not sure yet.

Anyway thanks a lot for the crits. Much appreciated.

raijinnfury
02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
So far I like it. I like the use of his black hole artifact and I like the simplicity of the design; I mean he's a cat warlord, he wouldn't need extravagant armor or anything like that. :)

The only thing that looks a bit odd to me right now is that he has two different types of straps for this chestplate type armor. One has links and the other has spikes but there doesn't really seem like there's a reason behind why they are different. I think these could be resolved a bit more; maybe make them the same or if you're going for the asymmetrical approach, maybe make the straps come from different areas on his torso?

Best of luck man!

Mike Kopa
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
So far I like it. I like the use of his black hole artifact and I like the simplicity of the design; I mean he's a cat warlord, he wouldn't need extravagant armor or anything like that. :)

The only thing that looks a bit odd to me right now is that he has two different types of straps for this chestplate type armor. One has links and the other has spikes but there doesn't really seem like there's a reason behind why they are different. I think these could be resolved a bit more; maybe make them the same or if you're going for the asymmetrical approach, maybe make the straps come from different areas on his torso?

Best of luck man!

very good points raijinn, I was having a little trouble tying things together. I think you're right though. I'll change that up a bit. I might even throw out the straps altogether and come up with something different. Still working on another couple armor ideas atm. I'll post new concepts soon. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Mike Kopa
03-01-2008, 12:37 AM
So here's an update on my concept. Changed the armor a bit and came up with weapons. Two single handed hammers. C & C please!

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t307/Koopa3d/DomWarIII_MKopa_concept2.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t307/Koopa3d/DomWarIII_MKopa_HammerConcept.jpg

Mike Kopa
03-01-2008, 08:40 AM
*bump* any crits or suggestions anyone?

Klash120
03-06-2008, 02:57 AM
*Is bumped*

Koopaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

A few things so far~ Mebbe a lil more lov'n on the leg/feets.
Right now they dont' seem too cat-like, and more like a cankle,
fatness, of fat... ('Cisco terms right there @. @) Try some tiger/cat searches on
the google and get that reverse-joint thing goign on~

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_03/CatXrayES2311_800x521.jpg
(Wonders how this cat broke 'er legs ._.- )

Mmm,

Also, a fighting game & <3, 'Bloody Roar'
They had a character named 'Long' & 'Shen-long'
both can turn into a tiger anthropomorph being, may wanna check that out~

I tried some searches, but can't find anything decent on google...
Tried a Game Trailer search
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/166.html
(didnt watch any of the vids though Xp) ....mm, but yeah...

hope that's some help~ :D

-Cisco

edit:

weeee,
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/jiruyan/vthu1.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2008, 02:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.