PDA

View Full Version : Unhide Faces?

musashidan
02-24-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm a long term 3dsMax user trying to convince myself to learn Modo.So far so good.It's enjoyable.I've modelled an eye,whereby it's one mesh comprising of three seperate elements.
Pupil,iris/sclera and outer eye .now i've selected the faces that make up the outer eye and hidden them using:view>hide selected.
How do i unhide them,as the logical choice:view>unhide does nothing.
I presume it's similar to Max's face sub-object>unhide.................

Cheers.

Ah!it did unhide,but didn't follow the rest of the eye when i moved and scaled it to fit the head.Rather disappointing considering it was all the same mesh!!

brenly
02-26-2008, 05:06 AM
if I get you correctly .. thats what hide does .. Hides geometry that you dont want affected by any scaling,transforming etc. Sounds like Modo is working perfectly fine. I luv hide the hide function!

musashidan
02-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah,Max's hide poly feature hides faces so you can work on other faces unhindered,but they are still moved along with the mesh.It seems Modo's hide masks the elements,in effect.
i've only been using Modo for 3 days now and i've modelled a complete head with eyes,teeth and hair straight from the install.
it is an incredibly easy,fun and powerful app.i f**king love it!!:)

brenly
02-27-2008, 05:55 AM
the more I learn to unlearn my Maya ways of doing things the more I see the genius in Modo ..

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2008, 05:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.