PDA

View Full Version : 2D compositors versus 3D generalists/modelers

cgbub
02-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi there,

I have been a vfx compositor for a year now in TV series. However, I'm very interested in 3D as well and plan to transfer into the 3D modeling/generalist field in VFX...

How does the wage of a senior 3D artist/modeler compare to the wage of a Senior 2D compositor? It would be great if you can tell me the expected salary, however, you can also tell me in general, which is more profitable, 2D or 3D (I'm sure everyone has a different answer... but just in general?)

I enjoying doing both and am very motivated to progress in both fields to further my career... but I'm not sure if it's wise to make the jump from 2D to 3D... money-wise...

I don't want to sound shallow, but since I enjoy doing both and I do have to pay the bills... money is now the determining factor....

Please advise.

I've been doing some research already and have been gathering numbers, I simply would need more advice to confirm (or counteract) my research. Thank you!

cgbub

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2008, 04:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.