PDA

View Full Version : any help would be greatly appreciated, a maya splineIK cluster problem

kranerie
02-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Basically it's a spine problem, i did make the cluster set to relative, and it works great translating to z, however the clusters arch when translated to x and y... i tried taking off the clusters out of the root control, and basically that's how i want the rig to behave, i need a way to parent it to the root so that it follows the whole rig. The attached jpeg is the problem im describing, and the current grouping of in the outliner window, any insight would be helpful thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

lucille
02-24-2008, 05:34 PM
i am unsure of this specific situation--but in general it is best to have your clusters
solve locally--not transform in the world. To do this create your clusters then
create parallel control transforms. Parent the control transforms under the main
character transform==you may need intermediatle nulls. Now create a direct
connection from the control tranforms to the clluster--it sounds complicated--but
its not really--

pfj

kranerie
02-27-2008, 05:41 PM
thanks lucille, i kind of did something like that, did a set driven key on the root, then hid the nulls... does the job, thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2008, 05:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.