PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way/plug-in to render buffer export several items at once?

scotttygett
05-03-2003, 01:50 AM
A year or two ago, I saw a presentation on LightWave's compositing tools for character animation and visual effects, in which tools like "Surface Custom" were demonstrated using the "Buffer export" plug-in on the Generic Plug-In's menu.

A friend is studying compositing and needed some green screen to work with, etc...

The export buffer is a dandy tool that exports things like specularity and such when you render. It's peachy keen. But I have this gnaing memory at the back of my mind about there being a plug-in or way to shift select or something to render out several channels at once. Is there such a plug-in or Lscript?

Thanks,
Scott

robinson
05-03-2003, 02:37 AM
There are a few image filter with some options !!!

1. Photoshop PSD export
2. Render buffer export
3. Render Buffer view
4. Extended RPF Export (saved to just one rpf file)

scotttygett
05-03-2003, 05:57 AM
Many thanks, Robinson.

Image Filter!

Yes, that's the one. "Scene tab: Effects tab: Image Processing: and then the Image Filter plug-in "Render Buffer Export""though I can see how the other types would have a lot to offer.

RMBing the "Render Buffer Export" to get at the Properties gives me the requester, and I can load the plug-in as many times as I like to get the kind of detail (zbuffer, surface custom, specularity,...) I need.

It's so cool.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.