PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - Gaboon - Requiem

Gaboon
02-24-2008, 03:40 AM
Well, someone at work told me about DW and I hadn't planned on getting involved (I'm not very competative) but after reading the story and character catagories, I HAD TO JOIN! I am a CGtalk loyalist because these forums and members have had the biggest impact on my growth as an artist. Let's kick ass!

Name: Requiem
Race: Vampire
Class: Stalker
Artifact Weapon: Twin Ice Blades

Her general image popped into my head as soon as I read the background story. She came more visually driven that functionally. I wanted to establish a starting point for sillouette, colors, and mood. All comments and crits are helpful. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

innactpro
02-24-2008, 05:59 AM
I wanted to establish a starting point for sillouette, colors, and mood.

It looks like you've pretty much got all of that under control. Maybe back light her a little, but this is just concept and not intirely needed.

MattR
02-24-2008, 06:32 AM
Nice sketch... yeah, I agree with innactpro, it looks like you nailed your design. I'll look foward to seeing this one progress.

Gaboon
02-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks guys. Well, here are some sillhouettes. I wanted to explore the form more.The thing is, I want the ice crystals to be part of the shape and because she is an assasin, she would need to have more form-fitting clothes. I couldn't get too grazy with armor or bulk which has more opportunity for interesting large-shapes. Honestly, I am still partial to my initial design, or maybe a slight variation to it. I started messing with the head dress. tried a crystal like design for the metal crown but I wanted it to look elegant also. All feedback is appreciated.

Blaschke
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Nice sketch. For the head i prefer the middle one; it's more aggressive.
Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2008, 08:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.