PDA

View Full Version : Manipulator output

Winner
02-24-2008, 02:44 AM
Hey... Im trying to understand if there is a way I can force the transform manipulator to pipe its output to a specific location?

So heres the deal:

so I have a cube animating up in Y by 20 units over 10 frames...

1. I've created a new AnimCurveTL node , and connected its output to a plus minus average node
2. Ive piped the original pCube_TranslateY ( animCurveTL ) output into the plus minus also
3. Ive re-piped the output of the plus minus back into the translate Y of the cube.

This way, I have a layer of animation above the existing translateY, that I can key and manipulate as a curve in the graph editor.

the problem is this - I cannot manipulate the new curve in anyway other than selecting the actual animCureTL node and editing in the graph editor.... instead, i want to connect the manipulator so when I move it upwards ( standard transform manip ) .. it affects the value of this curve.

Currently I cannot move it upwards because maya sees the original translate Y of the cube as connected and will not allow me to move it.

any ideas ?? I would love some insight on this.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2008, 02:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.