PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - Cyborgguineapig - TBA

Cyborgguineapig
02-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Race: Demon..
Class: Invoker
Artifact : Darkness/Void

Rough concepts to come soon. My plan will be to hit this one hard and fast as I have approx a month to make this one happen in my schedule. Wish me luck! Still working out the initial direction to go with my idea but am hoping to bring something unique to the table.

StacyOgie
02-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Nice to have you on the team.:buttrock: Good luck!

Cyborgguineapig
02-24-2008, 03:39 AM
Thanks Stacy. I'm sort of all over the place with my initial ideas but here are some small sketches I did to warm up. Not entirely sure whether I'd like to settle on darkness or fire as my artifact choice.. I'm definitely leaning towards the bottom right and darker lanky one near the upper left. I think a mixture of the two will give me a good base idea to start with.
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7240/sketch1az3.jpg

Cyborgguineapig
02-25-2008, 08:32 AM
After some frustration over coming up with great concept sketches for my character I decided to do start in writing form and am happy to say that I am feeling much more confident in the direction I want to take my character based on several pages I've managed to pull together for backstory. here is a little more info on my character for now.

Name: Desolovoid
Demonic Invoker
Artifact: A large powerful shield built of the remnents of his destroyed homeworld capable of tearing rifts into the surrounding environment with which swallow and or tear apart his victims due to its unpredictable force. This or an orb that protrudes from the hand (Akin to Pan's labyrinth demon eye hands) that has the power to weaken the surrounding environment which then can be torn open by evil itself..or something of that sort.:twisted:

He has been living in seclusive for almost 1000 years (since the last great war) on the desert planet of El Ojo Del Infierno aka "The eye of hell" where he spends most of his time gorging on large gooey worms:D He needs a kick in the ass to get himself into fight mode, which him and his creator (that would be me) needs to start making progress:thumbsup:

superpauloitalo
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Hey, man! You have great sketches there!!! I like those 3 in the center.
Updates, please!!!

Cyborgguineapig
02-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks superpauloitalo. Okay so 2D isn't my strongest point, actually I dislike doing it but today I decided to hunker down with my notes and sketchpad and began roughing out a more detailed concept and am fairly pleased with the result, althought it is less creature-like and more human form. In the 3D model I will play with proportions and find something I am comfortable with. Still playing with a design for head and head armor. While adding decoration to the armor in photoshop I found a brush that looked a lot like curled horns and thought they looked real bad ass. I wanted to stay away from clithe' horns as much as possible, but maybe I'll give in.:p

I doubt I can finish this for the deadline as I will be gone for 2 1/2 weeks in March:surprised. I will try to work fast(er). Gives me an excuse to start something new at least. Okay, 3D work begins today.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9099/85658383dl8.jpg

richkid
02-26-2008, 05:51 PM
heeeey, whats happenin
good to see you in again this year. i am digging the over all feel of this guy, the only things that stand out at the moment are in the armor. the stomache hole seem kind of arbitrary, maybe if that element is repeat throughout, or he is really emanciated and wirey it would fit a bit more. and it looks like there are ribs coming out of the sides of it. the other is just the over all armor, it doesnt seem like he is wearing it, looks more painted on him. maybe do a couple more armor passes, i would block it out in 3d and than do paint overs, usually a good way to visualize it.

lookin hot buddy, keep rockin

Cyborgguineapig
02-27-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks a lot dude! The part in the stomach is supposed to be ruffled material of sort but it doesn't come across in the drawing. I threw that in as an attempt to have a mix between hard armor and soft ruffled material as the two combined could lead to some interesting results. I'm not completely married to everything in my concept and with the armor and will continue to brainstorm some more. I do not have a great collection of reference for armor in general so if you happen to know any it would be greatly appreciated. So far I've been looking through some favorite artists for inspiration as well as a few Dragon magazines but thats it. Not really shooting for over the top here like some people are going for. I've got quite a bit to learn in terms of applying clothing/armor over nude creatures. Thanks again for your suggestions.

richkid
02-27-2008, 05:06 PM
ok, yeah, the soft and hard contrasts will make for a really nice balance in the character.

i usually dig around this thread for reference stuff, http://www.drawingboard.org/viewforum.php?f=33&sid=325e6c6a2096d92253cb8b2c36b02d0e

and if you want to swing over to PC...we miss you

http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=276955&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post276955

hope there is some ref that will help in that thread

peace

Cyborgguineapig
02-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Head redesign. Something interesting and less generic. Sadly, I will likely not be submitting a final entree this year as there will simply not be the time in my schedule next month. I will still continue to post progress however and wish to recieve feedback so I can take something out of this learning experience at least. Overal feeling: bummed:sad:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3305/72694204wv4.jpg

superpauloitalo
02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Goooood! Very interesting.
Can't wait to see the model.

richkid
03-01-2008, 12:25 AM
ohhhh, no, that sucks man. that head is rad. well, maybe it can be a spare time project of yours.

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2008, 12:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.