PDA

View Full Version : DWIII - 3D - Yinn - Floralmancer

bobrok
02-22-2008, 10:15 PM
So, this will be my first Dominance War. And this is the only forum out of the contestants that I actually visit every now and then. So, here I am :)

So far I've only made a paper sketch that I'm to lazy to scan, and this wip high poly of my characters head:

(The one to the bottom right is, as you can probably see, just a quick mockup in PS to test what it'll look like with colors)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Yin22/comp01.jpg

Before I continue with anything else I'm going to make a proper digital concept in color, and probably rework the clothing I had on the paper sketch.

bobrok
02-22-2008, 11:39 PM
That went way faster than I thought... So here's the concept, should give you a bit of a better picture of what I'm going for here.

She heals or hurts(not quite decided yet) using an ancient artifact, which is actually a very powerful bio-engineered flower from ancient times ^^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Yin22/concept02.jpg

SashaP
02-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I like the Design, very original and goblin-like =)

CG-Gordon
02-23-2008, 08:22 AM
The idea is good, if your going with the flower it might be good to work the flower theme through the rest of the character somehow. And perhaps make it look a little more powerful.

bobrok
02-23-2008, 09:27 AM
CG-Gordon: I think I'll stick with the lone flower, because I'd like it to look like she's just using the most powerful item she has, and that happens to be a flower. I guess I like the contrast.
But you're right about her not looking powerful enough for the Dominance War... I'll see what I can do about it.
btw, your Gum is awesome. We need a new JSR, and they need to use that model dammit! :)

Drevlin
02-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Yinn, i really like this one :) You've grown a whole lot as an artist and you display that in this peice very nicly

Looking forward any updates!

Swizzle
02-23-2008, 04:37 PM
CG-Gordon's right; it needs to look like it has power... lots and lots of power. To be honest, right now it looks a little more like a punk kid and less like some planet-destroying badass.

Pegorari
02-26-2008, 03:56 PM
hi man, very original your character style. I really like it.
I´m thinking to do something using the nature too.
Good luck !

bobrok
03-08-2008, 08:42 PM
I changed the concept completely... A friend of mine suggested I practice anatomy more so I skipped the clothes, and I tried to make the new one more powerful looking. Now I better get a move on with the 3d ^^
Opinions? I didn't bother finishing it completely, it's just a concept after all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/Yin22/dominance01c.jpg

FrozZT
03-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Hellö! :)
Cool stuff.. Im not sure about your new concept though.. :/ The other one had a lot more character. This new concept looks more like just a creature. You could still work on it some more and make it better, i think you should try not to forget that its a person you're concepting. If you want to practise anatomy you could draw something naked, then design the clothes after the body and dress your concept up. :) Keep it up!

Good luck!

-Niklas

bobrok
03-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Hm, you might have a point. I too think the first one had more personality. I'll take one more shot at tweaking the first character, and then I'll make a decision :]

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2008, 09:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.