PDA

View Full Version : World Arc Draw script

Ulven
02-22-2008, 04:00 PM
This is a little script I wrote for messiah 3 to draw the world arc of any object that you have currently selected. It's a bit of a hack as really it just creates a null and uses messiah 3's movetoalignkey to create a computed keyframe for the null on every frame while moving it to and aligning it to the object you selected. The net product however is that you can see very clearly the world motion path of your object.

If you want to zoom in on a specific point in time to look at your arc, just zoom in such a way on the graph editor that only the time you want is on screen, and messiah will draw only that part of time in the viewport.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2746/worldarcdrawjq3.jpg

kursad_pileksuz
02-22-2008, 04:06 PM
very nice. I tried to write such thing before. I actually was using curve create tool in the script but my results were not great. I used pretty much getkeyvalue and setsetupvalue to read and write curve points.

isobarxx
02-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Awesome thanks very much Ulven

Ulven
02-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I forgot to mention that it's a F5 menu script... just in case any of you were looking blankly at your screens waiting for something to happen :)

Bugpoo
02-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks Ulven :-)

Btw...I always look blankly at my screen:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2008, 11:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.