PDA

View Full Version : Bed sheets

viseff
05-02-2003, 05:42 PM
So I need to make/animate a bed sheet? I have had a few suggestions from my classmates: lattice, make a soft body, blend shapes...I don't really know how to attack this? There is going to be a character getting out from underneath the covers too. Thanx in advance for the replies, cheers:beer:

gmask
05-04-2003, 07:45 PM
I suppose if you had access to Maya Unlimited you would use cloth.

Scott212
05-18-2003, 06:52 AM
If your still stuck heres my crack at it....

Make a Nurbs plane with a fairly high tessalation and turn it into a soft body. From there I would attatch springs to the soft body and then add collisions to any thing that it needs to interact with...

Anyone think this might not work?

galactor
05-22-2003, 11:15 AM
I think if there is a charater involved with it, that you can better do it by hand (lattice). It would be very hard to get the character and Maya Dynamics to work togheter.

:: Galactor ::

squidme
05-26-2003, 06:27 AM
Try playing around with this tutorial...i never tried it myself but u could make a simple wrap deformer that would be easier for your character to interact with.

http://www.blackorb.com/3dtutorials/dancing.pdf

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.