PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Terran Kirusin Project Assembly

Crash
05-02-2003, 06:01 PM
hi, so my school test are closeing in but I would like to organize things to my come back......... so If any of you are still out there then please report as fast as you can to our forum

http://learncg.f2o.org/forum/

.... we're starting to gather up a team for the grand reopening..... I'll try to reanimate the project..... so for now I'm avalible only for organisation matters... let's get this rusty motor running.... Waiting for your replay

Also we're looking for new potential participants..... If your interested with the project and would like to know more about it just send me a Private Message......

Greetz

waterhycinth
05-02-2003, 06:21 PM
hey crash...long time no see....well if you need me I'll be glad to help.....good to hear from you again...:thumbsup:

Crash
05-02-2003, 07:18 PM
1 down lots to go :) well this time I ain't giving up so easy.... :buttrock: Greetz
PS Good to have you on board :beer:

unLevel
05-02-2003, 07:23 PM
maybe we should outline things a bit and post some pretty pictures? That seems to get people in the working spirit...

waterhycinth
05-02-2003, 08:08 PM
I agree totally!!:applause:

Crash
05-03-2003, 01:20 AM
Raiders Scrap Tank prototype[plate]: by Crash
http://www.pbase.com/image/12785428

Raiders Scrap Tank prototype[whole]: by Crash
http://www.pbase.com/image/12785377

Raiders Scrap Tank prototype [innerview]: by Crash
http://www.pbase.com/image/12785626

Raiders Scrap Tank prototype [downside]: by Crash
http://www.pbase.com/image/12785619

Raiders Scrap Tank prototype [attempt on texturing]: by Crash
http://www.pbase.com/image/12785596

Nebula: by Crash
http://www.pbase.com/image/8821614

Raiders Fighter: by Thelios
http://www.pbase.com/image/7891305

Kirusin Text: by Amalinde:
http://www.pbase.com/image/8273245

Kirusin Fighter prototype:by Harrad
http://www.pbase.com/image/8051602

Kirusin Bomber prototype: by ThetaDot
http://www.pbase.com/image/8018575

Page Layout prototype: by Amalinde
http://www.pbase.com/image/8308416

So here are the images enjoy people :beer: And tell us if any of are interested we need: 2dArtists [tesctures and concept art] 3dArtists [organic and non organic modeling and texturing] storyboard writers [to help me out with the whole story]. Greetz

Crash
05-03-2003, 01:21 PM
Hmmmm is anybody alive in here? Hey if you don't won't to join us that's cool but you could at least say a few words of criticism on the images.......:) Greetz :beer:

waterhycinth
05-03-2003, 01:30 PM
i personally like them... except one problem... i think the next to last one doesn't work....or the image isn't there.... umm....also what hapened to the others? maybe we need to send them a notice saying that it's going back up...just an idea...

Crash
05-03-2003, 10:25 PM
hey guys listen up I just thought about the purpose of the project and I think that when we establish some nice story fundaments... gather everything up and get the page up and running we could think about making this a game, one of few: Space RTS [aka Homeworld] Pure Strategy [aka Masters Of Orion]
or a Space Shooter like Freespace....... I know it's a lot of work but at least we would know what we want for certine..... but first you have to help me to gather up a good responsible and dedicated team... I'll take care of establishing Threads on the sci fi meshes forum and a few others and I'll notice the old team, we'll see how many of them are still willing to help out. I would be greatful if you would help me out with finding some artists like storyboard writers 3d modelers and 2d cocept & texture artists... Greetz :beer:

und3r
05-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Greetings Earth beeings :D

I will join you again short affter compliting my model for school :)

Or maybe in process :D

Ok In process :D

Welcome again :)

Theta-Dot
05-03-2003, 11:34 PM
FREESPACE!!!!!!!!!!!! FREESPACE!!!!!

I WANT FREESPACE 3 SO BAD

YAY SPACE SHOOTER!
come on please!??! I'm still here... as long as I am given orders. I can be creative but you have to give me atleast a few guidelines.

HOOAH

=ThetaDot=

Crash
05-03-2003, 11:48 PM
ok guys my appel to everyone.... gather as much talented people as you can, try everywhere... we must spread the news..... gathewr everyone into this thread... as soon as we have a strong team I'll make some cleaning up on our forum and I'm going to write a work plan for everyone....

unLevel
05-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Theta-Dot
FREESPACE!!!!!!!!!!!! FREESPACE!!!!!

I WANT FREESPACE 3 SO BAD

YAY SPACE SHOOTER!

well, you're posts are sure....different...

I have no idea if I'll have time to work on this, busy with CgSearch ( www.graphite.f2o.org not finished...) but if we get it done in time, I'm all for this...though I'm not the "talented people" as you so need...

Thelios
05-03-2003, 11:59 PM
I am still in, due to that yesturday was my last day of school, so I am free :beer:, anyway i am in still. Sadly i lost the past ship models, due to my old comp got fried, but I got a new comp and it is alot better, same said for my skills as a 3DArtist:bounce:, I see that you've been working on that tank, looking good man

Crash
05-04-2003, 12:02 AM
hell your a talented support team member.... you know that unLevel..... without your help there wouldn't be no forum for us... and that would be tha final nail to the grave for the project.... so stop talking nonsense and help us out as soon as you can.... your part of the familly :beer: no familly no project :) :p

unLevel
05-04-2003, 12:03 AM
well, I do think that a lot of the stuff should be put here, but yes, the forums shall stay...and the reason they're still there is cause I'm too lazy to clean out the account...

hehhe

wheee

I'll also see when I can re-do the site, though it's early for one..

waterhycinth
05-04-2003, 12:04 AM
hey crash i was wondering if you would like to move the project to maybe a whole new community just for the RTK Project? what i mean is that you can get a free forum here... link (http://www.ezboard.com)

just a suggestion...

Crash
05-04-2003, 12:05 AM
good to see you Thelios <shakeshand> Now you know we're particulary starting all over :) but hey we've got the bassis for tis projec..... unLevel tell me , can you provide us with space for the page and a FTP Server for all the models and stuff??

und3r
05-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Well Crash for ftp i can make some place on my Server :)

Crash
05-04-2003, 12:10 AM
good idea Brent - I'm sure you;ll be perfect for this job.... get us a new starting ground :) Like I said for now... and that's going to be about 30 days I'm for coordination support only... I want to get everything up and running by then....... If it's possible try to transfer the old forum threads to the new forum.... keep me informed.... I'm going to sleep now I'll check with you guys in the morning in about 6 hours. Bye

unLevel
05-04-2003, 12:10 AM
either way, me and brent or und3r, it's fine with me

und3r
05-04-2003, 12:13 AM
Really space is not a problem for me .. my server is online 24/7 and i have plenty of free space :)

Tell me ASAP if you want it so i can make arangemets :)

und3r
05-04-2003, 12:16 AM
Ok like Crash I`m going to bed .. it is 0040 (GMT +1) and I gotta be fresh tomorrow :)

Peace Dogs :buttrock:

Thelios
05-04-2003, 12:28 AM
as you sleep i will be comming up with concepts
:thumbsup: , g'night guys

und3r
05-04-2003, 07:58 AM
I am up :)

While I was sleeping i remembered sth. Do we have recognise aby class of ships for ex. : fighter, heavy fighter, corvete, frigate ...?

Crash
05-04-2003, 08:52 AM
I suppose the ships are going to be devided into separate classes..... first of all we have to work out the story, therefor I need someone that's fluent in english and has a bit of a talent for writing and lots of imagination ofcourse, do you guys know where can we find such a person?? eventually if all of us together assemble we could create the story piece by piece.... Brent what's up with the forum [will we be able to post statistics diagrams on that particular forum? ] We have to work on the story and concept art [that's of the primary importance] if you can't draw, make simple models and draw over them.... let's look for some space reference materilals and some textures..... let's establish some good bassis for a start......... use the old forum for now. Greetz :beer:

PS I'll set up a new thread in here...

und3r
05-04-2003, 11:29 AM
Hi there ... we were debating with Crash for few hours...

In the result I am plannig to do starchart for this Empires...

Wish me luck :)

Crash
05-04-2003, 11:44 AM
yeah Under is going to take care of the starmap for the RTK Universe and I'm starting to write a 100 page [I think] novel for the needs of the project.... it's going to be the bassis for our work.... still we're looking for people to help out.... Brent what's whit the forum?? We also need 2-3 pople to take care of the webpage... any volenters?? I'll try to refresh the page layout as soon as I have some free time avalible.... Greetz :beer:

waterhycinth
05-04-2003, 01:49 PM
crash...ok here's some update about the forum...i want you to sign up at ezboard for a global account and with it you can access all the forums that use ezboard...but i will need you to go to the RTK forum in the link below and like post something or i don't know because i am going to see if i can make you an admin...if we can't do that then you can also just create a community your self and i'll help you with like setup and stuff....it's not hard at all.... ok here's the link...i tried to put a theme on there but i don't think this one will be all that awesome....anyways...link time:

link (http://pub206.ezboard.com/brtk53435)

oh i just read you last post...i would be happy to help with the website if you want me to...i am getting the hang somewhat of flash...but still learning...if you want we can do another html prototype...just another suggestion...

Crash
05-04-2003, 04:56 PM
jizz that forum is ugly :p can you something about it??? about the page... I'll try fix a layout in photoshop to see how could it look best.. when I'll post it you could be responsible for the page when everybody is understood with the layout... Greetz

PS I won't be posting for a couple of days beacouse I've got a serious exam..... so for the time being Under and Unlevel could take over the bossing stuff :p ....... see you laterz

und3r
05-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Yo ! :D

Crash be cool this exam is not so hard .. I know :) I've passed it ... and if I passed it everyone has to :)

So for know I have Starchart as .jpg and now I am making it mulimedial and interactive.

Wish me luck

http://rudykot.pl/~under/Starchart.jpg

Crash
05-05-2003, 12:17 AM
I know I shouldn't be posting this, it's unders baby after all... but I just couldn't ressist, isn't it a beauty??? It's a test but still very very cool..... place your crits and sugestions :beer:

http://rudykot.pl/~under/rtk/rtk.html

PS Click on the sector B1 [and remember this is only a test].

waterhycinth
05-05-2003, 02:54 AM
hey i updated the forum theme...see if you like...it's better i think...but there's an easier way to do the themes...you can like make a list of the colors and images used in a certain way and make that a theme...sadly i don't know much css.... but here's the link to the board...go and check it out...tell me if you like...

link (http://pub206.ezboard.com/brtk53435)

Crash
05-05-2003, 05:46 AM
ok I loged in and posted the 3 storys, just for a test, Brent what's up with the administrator privilages?? I need a few more under-forums such ass.

[Raiders Storyboard, Terran Storyboard, Kirusin Storyboard]
This is the place to discuss the history of our universe from the point of view of a specific race. Take a peek into the history of <race name>

[Raiders Concept Art, Terran Concept Art, Kirusin Concept art]
This is where the concept art gets developed, here we define the general style of our universe. Welcome to the world of <race name>

[Raiders Art/DEV, Terran Art/DEV, Kirusin Art/DEV]
[DEV stands for development]
This is the HQ of 2d and 3d art in the next stage after concept art... The place to discuss the adjustments and finalizing the second artwork stage. Embrace the reality of <race name>

[Space Miscelanous Art/DEV]
Vast sectors of space are home to diffrent planets, nebulas and asteroid belts. This is the place to define our univers visualy in the space continuum]

[General Discussion Forum]
This forum's purposse is to clear out diffrent matters and issues that aren't remotlly conected with any of the races.

[The Team]
This is where you can find out more about us, the peple behind the project...
[here we're going to post stuff like, who supports which race, computer config and soft preferences.

[Resources]
Here you'll find all the tutorial and reference material you need.

the forums that are displayed now should be thrashed coz we have no need for such undifined under-forums as: Raiders, Terran,Kirusin so just erase them and replace them with ones I've posted here, along with the description. Ohh and if you could devide the forums into four diffrent boxes, that would be cool, like this:

Raiders Storyboard
Terran Storyboard
Kirusin Storyboard

Raiders Concept Art
Terran Concept Art
Kirusin Concept art

Raiders Art/DEV
Terran Art/DEV
Kirusin Art/DEV
Space Miscelanous Art/DEV

General Discussion Forum
The Team
Resources

Could you do this for me??
And fix my ortographical mistakes coz when it comes to english I'm terribly weak at grama

:p :p :p
Greetz :beer:

Crash
05-05-2003, 05:49 AM
can we make our forum secret? unavalible for outsiders? like a members only forum?? I don't want any leak off art that will be the effect of our hard work..... I know that many people rip others art without authorization so this would be just a safety mesure.....

und3r
05-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Yeah it is a test to show what kinda things will be there ...
We made an agreement that there also shuold be some animations, local date, climate, time and so on...

Be critic ! Tell me what you want to see there !!

Crash
05-05-2003, 08:48 AM
heh I just can't belive there absolutley no interest in the project?? :eek: :eek: :eek: Common people what's wrong with you ?? :eek: :eek:

waterhycinth
05-06-2003, 04:05 AM
hey crash i am not sure about admin privelages on the forum because i haven't really worked with this type of forum before....i know that wasn't really professional of me but i do think that if i can't make you an admin on the forums then you could just make another community since you are the head of this project.... also sorry i haven't replied much...TONS of storms where we live...luckily it calmed down some and internet got back up...so i'm here for a bit...but it's getting late and maybe later i can give you a report about the admin stuff....see ya later...

Thelios
05-06-2003, 02:47 PM
i'm working on concept ideas now, plus i am moving so i wont be back here for a few days, see ya then:wavey:
and und3r, looking good :beer:

waterhycinth
05-06-2003, 04:31 PM
crash your an admin now....i hope it helps....i also seen your post there...also i think you will be able now to move forums and make and delte others...not sure....if you need help i'll be on msn messenger if this storm ever goes by tennessee.....here's my msn for you waterhycinth@hotmail.com

Crash
05-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Cool.. as soon as you finish some concept art let us know Thelios... see ya in a couple of days....
THX Brent..... can you take care of the webpage??

waterhycinth
05-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Crash what do you want me to do for it? I already had done that layout and stuff with the pic you showed...want a different design?... If so maybe we can start on that...

Crash
05-07-2003, 07:18 AM
hmmmmm yeah try something diffrent but don't star all over, just try to enhance the visual level of the existing layout I'll try to figure out something, coz now it's a bit to simple for me. I was thinking about a flash page..... Under can you help us out with that??? Ohhh and Brent.... I can't find the administrator options on the ez forum.... where are they??

Mangled Poly
05-07-2003, 07:42 AM
looks interesting if you need a lw modeler contact me

waterhycinth
05-07-2003, 04:12 PM
hey crash i think doing a whole new site would be good but i'm a bit busy at the moment.... also the admin panel should be found here:

go to Ezboard.com (http://www.ezboard.com) and login
then when you're logged in click My Community on the top left corner... you should be able to see the RTK forum under that....

Crash
05-07-2003, 07:10 PM
hey guys I've made us a suitable living place.... what do you think ?? :) I've spent some time configurating the forum. now I'm going to work on the logo

Crash
05-07-2003, 07:14 PM
ops forgot to post the link... here you go:

http://pub206.ezboard.com/brtk53435

waterhycinth
05-07-2003, 11:59 PM
hey crash maybe next week i can work on a skin for the forum...if you need the code for the skin stuff i can give you the code for the one that is on the forums now......after that maybe we can start on a site...but i think i'll need some pictures of the work that being done when i create it...but not now because finals is almost over and i'm still trying to pass...hehe

Theta-Dot
05-09-2003, 12:27 AM
Reporting in.
Signed up for the board. Ready to rock and roll.

=ThetaDot=

Thelios
05-14-2003, 04:13 AM
well i am finaly back from a crazy move. sadly i havent got any concept art done yet. but have nothing but time now so will post on the site when i have some at the least decent concept arts:thumbsup: well to sleep i go see ya'z around:wavey:

Crash
05-14-2003, 09:23 AM
OK so now there's 4 of us... but we definitlly need more staff...... concept artist especially... I'm done with one part of my exams at school and I've got double A :beer: from bolth the english and the polish tests....... GReetz :beer:

waterhycinth
05-14-2003, 02:32 PM
hey cool polish....i got one B and the rest A's wooohooo.... my B was in English...:banghead:

Crash
05-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Now I'm going to pass my german oral tests, wish me luck :p

KOKE
05-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Sorry, but I dont have time to read all the posts....., so my question is: what is this project all about??.

I got a bit lost, but thought that it might be interesting.

By the way Crash, I love the antigrav tank its great :D

Crash
05-16-2003, 12:37 AM
THX KOKE, our project is about creating a universe..... first we're proboblly aiming for some short but that's just an idea.... we're looking for artists to help us out with creating new stellar systems and the technology tree of all 3 races.... here I'll give you the story behind the project, just don't laugh coz the story is still rough and I'm not a native American or Englishman for that matter...... catch you on the flip side :beer:

Crash
05-16-2003, 12:39 AM

this is our forum, it's kinda empty in the moment but there isn't going to be any great traffic coz I'm just looking for people willing to participate and we're going to move the project a step forward in a about a month from now :beer:

KOKE
05-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Right now I dont have much time, but Ill be glad to cooperate with something when I finish with the exams.

I will take a look at the forum

:p

KOKE
05-16-2003, 01:24 AM
I was wondering......

Will this proyect end on something like an animation, a game etc.??

I mean will it end being some kind of product or something, or will we build a univers just for fun ( I wouldnt mind doing it for fun, just asking).

:rolleyes: :p

waterhycinth
05-16-2003, 04:36 AM
I'm in for fun...hehe :applause:

KOKE
05-16-2003, 01:15 PM
Fun is ok, I will try to cooperate whenever I get some rest from my exams.

May and June are bad months to satart anything, just too many exams......:shrug:

:p

NelsonInomvan
05-16-2003, 05:46 PM
Wow so many replies, it must be intresting. That's what i thought when i saw your thread.

I did'n read all the replys but i think i got the idea. If i can be of any help it will be a pleasure for me to work whit you guys.
So if you need a character modeler i'm the man :P

I work whit 3dmax

Ok cya all

Thelios
05-17-2003, 02:36 PM
welcome aboard
:beer:

NelsonInomvan
05-18-2003, 07:09 PM
I'm awaiting orders. :)
What are my orders master

Thelios
05-18-2003, 09:09 PM
start makeing concepts for characters, read the forums and try to get a feal for the races.
:thumbsup: I am working on concepts for space ships but nothing good yet :shrug: well back to work

Maglok
05-18-2003, 09:44 PM
Heya Crash,

I only just now noticed I had a new private message. So your back again... Nice...

Seems to be a bit more organised. I am not quite clear what RTK has evolved in this time, with that starchart thing I would say you got some pretty great possibilities for a scifi serie of shorts, don't do a game... Gawd I know from experience it is almost undoable...

Well I am still up to help, but you know my area of expertise. ;)

Crash
05-18-2003, 09:46 PM
unofficialy I'm the Head Supervisor...... Try looking up our old forum and the new one... participate on the new board, give us your sys config and software preference, post critque on the story... try to write something by yourself..... I'm bussy with exams so for now I'm only supporting everyone... I'll make some new renders of my tank for the page..... we have to get that running too [the webpage I mean]... And as for the artwork... we need many concepts, I'll write the scenario for the animation... I'm open for any cool ideas concerning the animation..... any good ideas guys? Let's make this look like flight of the osiris :) :beer:
I'll post the story on the animation in a few days... Greetz

Crash
05-18-2003, 09:52 PM
Welcome Maglok.... hell yeah I know your area of expertise :beer: ... show us what your made of and compose.....
could you do some music a'la Juno Reactor but with choirs????
About the project I think that it will be best to do a short... like I said I'll star on the screenplay in a day or two.... sorry for my absence guys I'm just very bussy but I'm trying my best..... we really need that page done......... AND GIVE ME IDEAS.... any kind: storys, names for the wepons, vechicles, planets, solar systems, space sectors... common we need a flood of ideas :buttrock:

Maglok
05-18-2003, 09:52 PM
Uhhmm.. I was the musician guy remember? I don't really get involved in the writing and modelling. ;)

Crash
05-18-2003, 10:01 PM
hehe sorry about that Maglok but the post was directed to our freshmen.... I sure remember you :beer:

Brent are you there?? I need help with the forum... first of all I f*** up the layout and I need you to load the old one [ the pretty one I mean] and how the hell can I erase a post or a whole thread??

Crash
05-18-2003, 10:07 PM
And again for the freshmen:

OUR OLD FORUM [don't post anything there]
http://learncg.f2o.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=16&PHPSESSID=b2a4eb77ea45e568d2fc6256748d620f

OUR NEW FORUM [here's the place to post your ideas]

!!REGISTER!!

unLevel
05-19-2003, 02:23 AM
so...why is that we can't just clean out the old learncg account, and me and brent design you guys a site + forum?

We don't know php yet, but some crafty html, and no one will know the diff? :p

Crash
05-19-2003, 07:12 AM
UnLevel if your able to clean out the old forum and create something like I've done [the segregation I mean] on the old forum then we wouldn't have to move.... but if there's no such option and we'll have to squezze into the RTK Project box then there's to much chaos and that would be pointless.... give me your opinion.... Greetz :beer:

unLevel
05-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey, setting it up like that is no problem!

and, we could host all the stuff on our server, though we're limited to 75 megs ;)

Crash
05-19-2003, 12:49 PM
ok that's qll...... can you take care of that unLevel? I mean setting up the new forum the way like the new forum.... Greetz

unLevel
05-19-2003, 12:50 PM
sure, just let me get everything cleaned out, btw, which type of forum do you guys prefer, phpbb or invisionboard?

waterhycinth
05-19-2003, 01:35 PM
sorry i just read all those posts....i will see what i can do to help trent with the forum set up so we don't have to move everything.......good to hear from all of you all....:applause:

unLevel
05-19-2003, 01:46 PM
hey, crash, is it ok if the rtk project shares space with the alien project (the sub forum above us?)?

KOKE
05-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone,

even though im in exams, I think Ive got something going.

Im working on an old model of a tank (one with spider like legs) I did some months ago, that will probably be ok as concept work for the project.

Whenever I get some time and finish making some mods to the model I will post something new.

Dont expect me to be very active for a while (work work work)....:hmm:

Lets see how far this can go.

:buttrock:

waterhycinth
05-19-2003, 08:14 PM
swwwweeettt!!! i wish i could model like that....sadly i can't model at all...still such a newb

KOKE
05-19-2003, 08:18 PM
he he dont worry its just practice.

Im a newb too, this is my first year with Max!!, did a fast summer course on Maya last year, but I would say this is my first official year in 3D.

By the way

modeled im Max 5 and rendered with Brazill V1

KOKE
05-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Just found this toon shaded image, choose the style you prefer!!.

keep up!!

:D

waterhycinth
05-20-2003, 01:41 AM
wow i like them both...hehe...

Crash
05-20-2003, 11:21 AM
KOKE: :eek: great I really dig the style

Atmos Fear: yeah, your in :)

unLevel: it's not like I'm a shithead but I really don't like the idea of sharing the forum with another project coz it proboblly will couse a lot of problems.....
you said you'll take care of the forum issue... when can we expect it to be ready?

Greetz guys :beer:

PS Going to work - RTK logo and animation screenplay :) Cheers

Crash
05-20-2003, 11:24 AM
returning to the alien project issue... can you clear out a bit unLevel?? I men if you'll manage to divide the forum into two separate parts [with a thick red line :p ] then there's no problem...

unLevel
05-20-2003, 12:20 PM
it has nothing to do with the forum, crash, if I host the pictures and whatnot for the rtk project, I'm also hosting the alienz project on the same server, so you'd have to share space, if we go that route, you can have hte forums all to yourself, I don't mind

oh, and it should be up today...:scream:

unLevel
05-20-2003, 12:42 PM
forums are up, new flash skin and everything;)

http://learncg.f2o.org/forum

Crash
05-20-2003, 02:37 PM
ohhhh my gwad :eek: :eek: :eek: Now we're talking some serious bussines :) I really like the forum... so now that the forum issue is resolved let's get bussy... first of all I would like everyone interested in the project to register and look up the threads in "The Team"...... Cheers

PS unLevel you rock my world :buttrock: :airguitar

unLevel
05-20-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Crash
PS unLevel you rock my world :buttrock: :airguitar

I do what I can, sorry it took so long :rolleyes:

Crash
05-20-2003, 02:51 PM
I would like everyone to post in the same recepie as me.... in the "Team Members" thread.... not that I think it's the best way or sumthing... just to keep things tidy and readable... Greetz

unLevel: what are those threads in "The Team" ??? and why does my counter of post's on 105??

waterhycinth
05-20-2003, 02:54 PM
I think that's because he just changed the forum skin and created new forums and stuff....it kept your post count from the old forums...

Crash
05-20-2003, 03:01 PM
hmmmm I posted a thread and the thread counter on the main forum page is still on zero, what gives?? :shrug:

waterhycinth
05-20-2003, 03:07 PM
actually....I don't know...hehe...i replied to your post and it recognizes shows only 1 post...weird huh

Maglok
05-20-2003, 03:19 PM
Make up your mind already :)
ExBoard, no EzBoard, blabla :D

I'll settle in when it is all FINAL! :D

:wavey:

unLevel
05-20-2003, 03:59 PM
well, I changed the skin, let's hope htat it works better, though the post and topic showing thing still doesn't work....don't know why, though I remember that it didn't work for a while on the old forum, maybe it's just a glitch in the phpbb forum code (which I'm NOT goignto touch right now ;))

NelsonInomvan
05-20-2003, 08:55 PM
Man nobody answers my replyes in this f*****g forum you gave me :P

But the story is quite good. I'm working on some concpets right now and when i'm ready i'll post them here

cya

Crash
05-20-2003, 09:21 PM
woha!!! ease up there Atmos.... first of all we've definitlly returned to the old forum coz it's renewed now and it's much better then the other one the link to the forum we're participating in is somewhere higher.... you asked what do we want to tell people, what do we want to achive??? well we're just creating a universe.... and we're planning to do some cool short that's all.... no ideology behind it... ofcourse the plot on the races will become thicker... the storys that you've read are only a simple overview version... I'm going to write a screenplay for the Terran animation now.... I think that first of all we should take care of the Terran stylization.... we should define the Terran race's characteristics...

unLevel
05-20-2003, 09:30 PM
sorry Atmos_fear

I'm browse too many forums already, and I hadn't gotten around to checking the rtk one, plus I'm in the middle of making a postnuke skin, my first, which is always the hardest...

I'll try to visit more often, though crash is the man with all the answers...

Crash
05-20-2003, 11:06 PM
hey guys I've done a great deal of posting on the forum, so I fixed you ground for a start... we have to organiste now!!! Participate!! I'm trying to do my best :beer: Greetz

Once more the link to the forum, we're staying here for good, no more changes...

http://learncg.f2o.org/forum/index.php

:beer:

Crash
05-22-2003, 11:30 AM
heh you know guys that's a bit ridiculous.... am I the only one involved in this project?? coz bolt this thread and the RTK Forum are dead.... I mean it's a bit pointless when you say you're willing to help out and then nothing.... except offcourse for people who have a hard time at school or at work, but hey even I have an important exam at school and still I'm trying to participate, to get everything organized....... I dunno, I think you should think it all over... GReetz :beer:

KOKE
05-22-2003, 11:38 AM
Im starting my exams crash, so I dont have a lot of time now, but when I finish i will help more actively.

sorry

:D

Thelios
05-22-2003, 06:49 PM
and i am on vacation :beer: well untill the 1st i will be

waterhycinth
05-25-2003, 12:16 AM
hey crash i just had an inspiration on the website design...i'll get a layout pic soon....but it won't be the design just the layout example...:)

Theta-Dot
05-26-2003, 06:00 PM
I uploaded a better version of my kirusin bomber concept onto the board. go check it out, or look at it here...

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/aught_1/media/KirusinBomberConcept2.jpg

=ThetaDot=

waterhycinth
05-26-2003, 06:42 PM
wow simply amazing!!! i love this project...
:applause:

Crash
05-27-2003, 01:33 AM
ThetaDot: that's simply superb with a capital "S" :buttrock: :buttrock:

More work of this magnitude and we're off to hollywood... read our forum for more deep critique......

Brent: could you encode our forum somehow??? I mean like there would be a password that would be changed every few days or once a weak or sumthin that only the participants will know and no uninvited guests would come barging in.... can you do it????

As for the rest of you guys..... where are you??? what are you doing curentlly ?? are you doing anything project related? If so don't keep us waiting... share your work... we want to see it in progress... participate in resolving issues on the forum...... become an active brainstorm participant..... also try to brieflly infor the people here on CGtalk...

Greetz Everyone :beer:

waterhycinth
05-27-2003, 04:16 AM
crash i am sorry but i only know html....i know that what you are asking for will take php coding which i don't know....sorry again...maybe someone else knows php?

unLevel
05-27-2003, 04:26 AM
actually crash, I can password protect each individual forum, and possibly the entire forum, if you'd like...

but, what "uninvited guests come barging in" are you talking about?

pm me, or reply here, and we'll set something up, k?

sorry, me and brent's been out all day, and we got to go to a funeral tomorrow, btw, what is it we're supposed to be doing?

I don't know how much time I can put into this, kinda got my plate full already, but I might can work something out:surprised :rolleyes:

Crash
05-28-2003, 10:51 AM
Why doesn't anybody participate in the RTK forum???? I mean I understand that most of you don't have time but surelly you can spare 5 minutes to drop a few lines on the forum...... You don't have to make some incredible model or texture that will blow our minds..... just make the project grow... coz for now I see little or virtually no interest in the project :shrug: For example a topic vital for the project is resting in the general discussion forum for a few days and so far only Maglok bothered to answer.... :hmm:

Greetz

Crash
05-28-2003, 11:52 PM
hi guys I just wrote the scenario for the first animation.. Terran realated... taht is if we are going to create a short animation.. it's hard to tell coz the greater part of the potential participants that volentierd didn't even bother to look up the RTK Movies thread in the General Discussion under-forum on our project forum..... anywayz here it is.. it I think it's not so tragic but again you'll be the jury of that... Greetz :beer:

OK so the whole point of the animation will be to show the destruction of the old world.... to show what was the effect of the strugle for survival. [for insights read the Terran: Rebirth story ] I would like to show the fast life in the human world, the way that certine everyday activities easilly fall into oblivion and some don't. Then suddenlly everything slows down, yet happens very rapidlly... the slow seconds tick away bringing the moral and ethical destruction of the soul of the human race. It would go like this.....

THE OBLIVION

First Scene
Static camera centered on the city from away... you can see the ant like movement of the antigraviti cars. There's a crew of people reparing some mulfunctioning mechanical parts of the railway [on the first set].
Second Scene
The camera wanders between the buildings and in a period of few seconds everything happens faster [we'll deal with that in the post production] the cars motion become blurry...
Third Scene
In this shot the camera will be static again, centering on a complex highway knot. The camera angle will catch the sunset and with the 3-5x speed mode the sun will hide behind the horizont in a matter of second. The cars motion becomes even more blurry and that's becouse the lights are on. It's night now.
Fourth Scene
A monorail station. In the 3x speed mode, 3 trains, one at a time, arrive at the station... people are getting off and in... their movement is very blurry [we won't need superb human models for that... just a few variable dummies. When doors of the third train open the speed goes normal and a woman get's of the train... there's a man waiting for her. She starts to run in his direction and the camera goes on 2x slowmotionrate. She falls into his arms... their very happy... The camera goes into defocus.
Fifth Scene
Camera refocuses again on a bussines building complex of some sort. The speed is 3x on fast mode rate again and you can see the sunrise. The camera along with the target point goes straight down. and you can see a park. The day is cloudless, the sun is shinning. The camera goes into normal mode and we can see children chassing eachother, hidding behind trees. You can hear the joyful laughs for a few moments...
Sixth scene
You can see the city from a distance, the camera is high above the buildings. And again you see the ant like movement on the streets below [3x fast mode]. Still you can hear the laughs of the children. Then suddenly, they become strangelly deformed.We return to normal speed mode. After a few second you become aware of the danger as a missile appers from behind the camera and as it disappers in the city below the vision goes into a white fade.
Senventh Scene
We see the whole city again at the same angle as in the first scene. The speed goes normal. A train traveling along the same monorail track that was repaired in the first scene, is closeing in on the cameras position. From the background comes a nuclear shockwave [the camera starts a shake-like micro movement, but only for normal mode, in slow mode it won't be included] and as the camera fades into slowmode 3x again the building are rapidly torn apart. The Shockwave reaches the train and lifts it the air, a few meters above the railway and tosses it in front of the camera. When the train is half way to hit the camera, it all goes into normal speed mode again and with the trains impact the camera goes black.
Eight scene
A static view of the annihilation. Dust is everywhere, but still you can see the ruined city quite clearlly. The camera skips to another ruined city region near some old town buildings. Slowlly the camera is nearing to an object on the street and after a moment you relize it's a teddy bear, some childs toy. His cotton body is ripped into two pieces, seperating the legs from the upper body. After focusing on the toy for a few seconds a dust cloud covers the view of the camera...

THE END

und3r
05-28-2003, 11:58 PM
I really like it...
I am waitin' for concepts on models and scenario timing...
Good work Crash
You have a beer :beer:

Thelios
05-29-2003, 03:23 AM
same here, and as for my time as of late, i am still on vacation, but starting the first i will be back on the game, forum and all

waterhycinth
05-29-2003, 03:45 AM
woooah that's cool....i can't wait to see the concept for the little teddy bear....i think this will turn out great!!! great job crash!!:applause:

crash i tried reading all of the stories behind each group and well they weren't as vivid as this short you explained above....i may need help on what the site is supposed to do and look like since we want it to turn out awesome...maybe me and you can email each other about the website project? just a suggestion...anyways great storyboard...and really excited how this is progressing...

KingMob
05-29-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey crash your mailbox is full...been trying to message you back for a while

I been really busy lately and just dont have time to work on another project...

But I will follow it with interest man, I am trying to get a reel together for siggraph, and already helping on a short film...

ever finish the hover tank?

Crash
05-30-2003, 12:47 AM
nope I haven't finished it unfortunatlly but I'll finish it when there's a need for it..... for now I got other Issues to be resolved concerning the animation that we're going to give a shot here.... anywayz if you have any amount of free time avalible then I would gladlly welcome you aboard again even if your mearlly a guest.... the doors of RTK Project are going to be open for you at any time....... Good luck with the Siggraph... hope you'll get noticed and some major company will hire you :buttrock: You'd be like famous then... would I get an autograph for free ?? :p hehe :beer: :beer:

Best Regards, Yours truelly The Almighty Crash :p

levin
05-30-2003, 06:26 PM
sorry i have not been able to respond ..

Crash has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

i am quite busier now... boring day job and other projects i would like to help out but i cannot give full hours anymore... i would like to help with the organinc modeling (as usual) if its fine with you...

anyways.. nice to see everything is more organized and discrete..

gj Crash!
:applause:

und3r
05-30-2003, 07:50 PM
Levin go to http://learncg.f2o.org/forum/index.php and register :)

Crash asked me to tell you all that he has problems with posting here .. :)

Peace ! :buttrock:

Crash
05-30-2003, 11:40 PM
ok the posting issue has been resolved..... welcome Levin... good to see you man... how much time can you spend on the project??

unLevel
05-30-2003, 11:53 PM
hey, crash, you got msn messenger?

oh, and Levin, "We put the 'PSSSSST' in PSSSSST HOY!" ahahaha

nice lookign forums!

levin
05-31-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Crash
ok the posting issue has been resolved..... welcome Levin... good to see you man... how much time can you spend on the project??

a good 1 to 2 hours a day at most i guess, as i have other obligations to the people around me. plus i have some projects of my own...

just give some small discrete projects; i like modeling people and creatures so maybe you should give me these types

one thing crash, you should maintain a clear task list that everyone should follow...assign specific tasks to specific people on the team...so no effort would be wasted; focus

small, sure steps will get us there

OT:

unLevel: heh! glad you liked it! 3d in our country is still in its infancy and related industries have yet to recognize its full potential... we want to somehow boost it by mutually helping each other learn

Maglok
06-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Ah now Crash has a list of stuff to do on the project forums. :)

Crash
06-03-2003, 10:05 PM
hey guys I know thatMaglok unlevel and Brent are participating but what the heckj is going on with the rest of you ??? Atmos?? Thelios? ThetaDot ??? We need you on the project, if you can't envolve yourself in modeling then at least try to take a stand in the discussion coz that's vital for the animation concept planning too..... please respond as quickly as you can.... Cheers :beer:

Thelios
06-04-2003, 08:36 AM
hey man sorry about the wait. but i'm back from my vacation and have time to work on the project now.:bounce: :bounce:

Maglok
06-04-2003, 12:42 PM
You go read the forums as well Crash :) I posted some questions. :D Muahahaha

Crash
06-04-2003, 12:53 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Maglok unless I'm blind there are no questions coz the forum is dead for about a couple of days , except ofcourse the time when I post there........ maybe your definition of what a question is.... is slightly diffrent to mine :p Greetz

Maglok
06-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Alright let me rephrase that: The sound engineering sub-forum :) I can start once I have a precise timeline/animatic, that won't change. Then I can start matching my music to it.

And will ya get that ICQ already? :)

Crash
06-04-2003, 09:20 PM
getting right on it mate

NelsonInomvan
06-05-2003, 07:59 PM
one thing crash, you should maintain a clear task list that everyone should follow...assign specific tasks to specific people on the team...so no effort would be wasted; focus

I totaly agree whit that Crash -::

Em i'm free now so i can start work on the project as soon as somebody give me any idea what must i do :)
Any concepts any ideas anything at all ???

BTW i suggest we use ICQ to comunicate ?

NelsonInomvan
06-05-2003, 08:51 PM
ohohohohoh sorry i haven't seen the forum :)))

Children - a couple of children, we need them for the "catch me if you can" scene... again proboblly a biy and a girl... - i'm on it

hmmm btw i have added you to my contact list ( ICQ )

btw2 What is the style that we are after ??? I suggest that we don't make everything to look to real ?

Crash
06-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Atmos read the forum... everything's there :) ....... detail level discussion too.... common people take example from Atmos and get you buts on the move... Cheers :beer:

PS Still we're very interested in new members, especially concept artists....

Crash
06-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Oh I forgot to tell you.... if you got any questions like "is it going to be winter or summer?" direct tyhem to me on the ICQ... or simply create a topic in the general discussion sub forum. Cheers :beer:

Crash
06-09-2003, 09:37 AM
We have green light :) Atmos started to model a character.... and I'm into serious concept art... awaiting the rest of the team to join us... oh and Atmos, one thing, place the progress on the mechanic in Terran Concept Art sub forum.....

SDtill we need a great deal of concept artist... anybody?? Cheers :beer:

waterhycinth
06-09-2003, 02:11 PM
sadly i can't draw worth anything...hehe but good news is that maybe trent will do a skin for us soon!! then i can skin the cms system that might be helpful for everyone so that they don't have to do it through a forum and we could have news and stuff....what do you think crash? i'm planning of using the system postnuke...is that ok? me and trent have already planned to just put it on the same account as the forum so that it's easy...hehe good work Atmos :applause:

Crash
06-15-2003, 11:47 AM
to all RTK Members "PLEASE VISIT THE FORUM!!" transmission out...

unLevel
06-15-2003, 08:27 PM
I have visited, oh, and f2o is fixed...

you guys are doing good work, what do you need from me/brent?

Crash
06-17-2003, 12:03 AM
if you want unLevel you could take care of filling the Resources sub forum with some good stuff... like textures, tutorials, video tutorials and references... and what about the RTK webpage?? Cheers

PS THX for you involvment guys :beer:

Crash
06-20-2003, 02:48 PM
hey guys just in case if you didn't browse the forum.... the cocept that I posted for the train...

http://republika.pl/rtk/train%20blueprint.jpg

Maglok
06-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Yeah I seen it, it is nice. But I can't do anything yet Crash. :)

Crash
06-23-2003, 11:04 PM
I would like to fresh up the topic.. so I present you the unbeliveble concept that und3r made... enjoy... :buttrock:
http://www.rudykot.pl/~under/rtk/front.jpg
http://www.rudykot.pl/~under/rtk/side_01.jpg

Crash
06-24-2003, 07:08 AM
it's a rip off from the star trek episode with the time-ship.... I'm sorry if I offended anyone st didn't knew.... sorry again

NelsonInomvan
06-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Hey guys can please check the real forum :P You know THE REAL ONE

Creat concept crash

NelsonInomvan
06-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Why doesn't anybody of you post in the forum ? Man i'm tired to hear " ooo i'm lazy " or " i have exams " and stuff like that. If you guys are in the project pls show us what are you doing. If you are doing anything at all.

Man i have so many ideas and i'm working hard these days

Maglok
06-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Because there isn't anything to compose for yet.

NelsonInomvan
06-30-2003, 11:40 PM
crash are you there ??? Guys are you alive ???

hmmm no signs of life :annoyed:

Crash
07-15-2003, 03:08 PM
The work has started.... althought we need some freash artist blood :p Camera people, Concept Artists and Texturing Artists........

Crash
08-14-2003, 11:14 AM
We are now THE SOULFORGE :p and we are recruiting members :p anybody willing?? THere's going to be a webpage about us soon....

Crash
08-29-2003, 12:26 AM
just reminding that we're still here... searching for members :)

Crash
09-06-2003, 02:45 PM
if any of RTK members should stumble upon this thread... I'm informing that I have no acces to our forum... I don't know why...
I'm posting the website progress here... enjoy...

http://www.republika.pl/rtk/work4.jpg

Crash
09-06-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm posting other images from the project if someone would consider joining us....

Maglev by THetaDot
http://thetadot.lazyarse.net/ThetaDot/2D/TerranTrainWIP.jpg
Bruce by AtmosFear
http://www.freewebs.com/atmos/wip03.htm
Depot Station by Crash
http://www.republika.pl/rtk/platform2.jpg
Fence by Crash
http://www.republika.pl/rtk/fence.jpg

DigitalCrystal
09-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Dang yall,

That train is lookin' good. I read the first page and then skipped to the last page. I remember reading yall's stuff back when it first started before it dropped off the deep end. It's good to see yall back at it again. I may be able to assist in a few projects. Although, I'm confused as to your ultimate goal.

Game..
Short film..
book.. ?

Yall's stuff looks awesome, I would enjoying helping where I can. Here is an example of one of my wips I had been working on but just kinda quit because of frustration and lack of inspiration. It's an engine to my scifi jet. The wing is folded up. I can model, but I've never really ever tried to texture.

http://www.digitalcrystaldesigns.com/3ds/renders/newstuff47.jpg
http://www.digitalcrystaldesigns.com/3ds/renders/newstuff62.jpg

KingMob
09-10-2003, 10:19 PM
hey crash, your mail box is full.

I jsut was gonan say you gys are doing some really good stuff here, and I am just waaaaay to busy to be of any help/reliability, but have been keepign an eye on it.

keep up this work, its looking real nice

Crash
09-10-2003, 11:12 PM
KingMob: that's a pitty, anyhow I'm glad that you're still watching :)

Digital Crystal: That's awesome.... we could surelly use some of your talents :beer: For now our main goal is to create a short animation called Influx. If you would like to know details then you have to register to our forum..... :beer:

Crash
10-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Just bumping the topic if someone would be interested in the collaboration :) We're still there and kicking :beer:

Chrobry
10-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Crash,

if you would like to see the sound/music engineer in your team (with good understanding of CG) please write:
chrober@poczta.onet.pl

Crash
10-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Hi Chrobry, we would gladlly welcome a new member to our team... especially a good sound engeniere [still dunno how to write this word :p ] Anywayz... visit our forum. If you insist on me mailing you then you'll have to wait a bit coz my acces to the internet is limited now'a'days. CYa laterz mate. Cheers :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.